ARC 8 - Chapter 8.7

The border city is not considered prosperous. Even though the city lord’s house held the highest standard ball, there is no particularly glorious scene. However, it is a place where the people are so simple that even though the ball was held by the city lord, the commoners could attend.

In order to get a glimpse of the number one beauty of the three races, the ladies and gentlemen of the border city rushed to the city lord’s house and gathered together to discuss enthusiastically.

It is no wonder that they have great enthusiasm for this because the border city is the outermost city in the Kingdom of Studian besides the dwarves. In the past thousand years of history, it had been invaded by the outside demons several times, so their ancestors had the pleasure of witnessing the giant dragon. Until now, not to mention the statue of the dragon in the city, even the dome of the city lord’s house has a mural of the dragon driving away the demons without much effort.

When Qing Yun waved away the maids and slowly walked down the spiral staircase, all the people in the banquet who were waiting for it were silenced. Their eyes could not help but focus on the young girl in the blue dress.

The people of the border city have more than once enthusiastically discussed the appearance of the princess, who is constantly chanted by the bards. However, when they first saw the young girl, they were not drawn by her looks.

The most beautiful thing is the resoluteness that shines in those blue eyes. This kind of look is rare in the border city and even the entire Studian. Because Studian is the dragon’s territory and is sheltered by the dragon, whenever foreigners invade, the first thing these people think of is to pray to the dragon. Throughout the ages, they are like livestock bred by the dragon and have never really experienced the trials of fighting and extermination.

The originally noisy banquet fell silent. They quietly looked at the girl, who could not hide the strength and valor of her body even though she was holding a huge skirt that symbolized the elegance and beauty of women. They saw the seriousness between her eyebrows and the determination in her eyes. These Studians suddenly realized that tonight was the night to satisfy their curiosity and give them a glimpse of the maiden’s face, as well as the princess’ farewell ball.

Tomorrow morning, the princess will leave the border city and head once again towards the mountains until, with the knights by her side, she is sent into the lair of the cold, terrible dragon.

Along with the dragon’s power is its tyranny.

So this maiden, chosen as a gift for the dragon, is not only honorable but also sacrificial for the sake of every Studian.

Silence spread throughout the banquet as they watched the maiden bend down to salute them with the most graceful gesture. They all bowed their heads to make the highest level of courtesy to show their gratitude.

The banquet had begun, but no one dared to invite the princess to dance the first dance because the princess is the bride of the dragon.

However, a low and hoarse voice broke the silence of the banquet, and people found that Count Olsen, who suddenly appeared in the border city, came out. This man, who was usually cold and haughty, walked up to the princess and actually bent down and gave a kiss on her hand.

“Your Highness, can I, with your permission, have a dance with you?”

Holding Joyce’s slender but not weak fingers, Morris’ palms were sweating. His treasure was such a shining treasure that everyone was attracted to the light of his soul, which distressed Morris.