ARC 7 - Chapter 7.2

Imperial Physician Gu went forward as instructed, and his finger rested on Emperor Hongming’s wrist for a moment. A trace of surprise immediately flashed in his eyes, and he exclaimed: “Your Majesty’s body has improved. Although the illness still exists, at this time, Your Majesty can be considered to have no more worries about his life.”

After saying that, he immediately kneeled down and congratulated in a loud voice: “Congratulations to Your Majesty, congratulations to Your Majesty, Your Majesty is the Heavenly Son, with the blessings of Heaven……”

Halfway through the words of congratulations, Imperial Physician Gu’s face stiffened as he remembered that the current master of the Palace is the Eldest Prince. So, he trembled and added: “The Eldest Prince’s filial piety can be described as touching the heavens……”

Seeing the dumbfounded appearance of Eunuch Su and Emperor Hongming, Chen Bing straightened his back. He has always been regarded as a treacherous villain, but at this moment, his heart was actually a bit justified and excited: “The Grand Prince’s filial piety can be appreciated by the sun and the moon. He is not a person who seeks to usurp the throne as Eunuch Su said.”

“His Majesty is concerned about the Emperor’s frail health and illness. Later on, His Majesty will handle the affairs of the court. Every day after His Majesty finishes handling the affairs, it will be handed over to Your Majesty for your inspection. So, Your Majesty should recuperate at ease.”

After saying that, Chen Bing led the people out of Jing Yang Palace, amidst the dazed looks of Eunuch Su and Emperor Hongming. As soon as he walked out of the gate of Jing Yang Palace, his face turned gloomy, and his gaze took on a vague anxiety.

Chen Bing really could not understand what the Grand Prince was thinking. He had been planning for so long, even going so far as to take the name of crippled, but what he was waiting for was this day?

Now, if he doesn’t take advantage of the Third Prince’s absence to ascend to the throne, the situation in the capital will undergo some changes when the Third Prince returns.

Chen Bing knows that the Great Prince is ruthless and will imprison Emperor Hongming even if he doesn’t kill him. So, why would he go through all the trouble of getting a magical remedy to keep Emperor Hongming alive?

And also had to hand over the political affairs handled for the Emperor to see? Is it possible that seeing the Emperor in his old age suddenly softened his heart?

The more Chen Bing thought, the heavier his mood became. He initially followed the Grand Prince to do this rebellion because he was interested in seeing the Grand Prince’s ruthlessness. Now, he could not help but feel a little regret in his heart.

Throughout history, if the rebellion failed, the outcome……

Qing Yun did not care about what Chen Bing had in mind because Yan Sa was betrayed by all at a later stage. Even his companion, who had grown up with him since childhood, was disappointed in him and threw himself into the camp of the Third Prince.

He is now keeping Emperor Hongming, not to let him interfere with the political affairs again, but to let Emperor Hongming take a good look at the son who in his eyes is too deep-minded to be an Emperor.

This man can not die early. Qing Yun wants him to take a good look at the true nature of Yan Lan, to make him truly realize what he owes to Yan Sa.

In the thirty-fifth year reign of Emperor Hongming, he became seriously ill, and the Eldest Prince took charge.

Once this news came out, the court was in turmoil. The Emperor was seriously ill, and this great Prince was well?

This morning, the ministers present had different expressions when they looked at the Grand Prince sitting in a wheelchair. The Emperor has been old and sick for a long time, and the morning court has been suspended for a while, but the news of the First Prince assuming power has not been known, ah?