ARC 2 - Chapter 2.10

With Zou Chen, it was naturally impossible for Qing Yun to stay at the Xiao family for long. However, a few days after he went out with Zou Chen, something big happened at the Xiao’s.

“Mom, I’m going back.” Qing Yun hung up on Mother Xiao’s call and grabbed his jacket to go out.

Zou Chen, who was washing dishes in the kitchen, saw him and rubbed against him in his apron, “Going back to the Xiao family? I’ll go with you.”

“No need.” Qing Yun refused his offer. Now that something happened to the Xiao family like that, Father Xiao would have no place to put his face if Zou Chen was over.

With a little thought, Zou Chen knew that Xiao Chengzhe’s deed was found out by Father Xiao. However, he still wasn’t quite at ease and grabbed Qing Yun to rub against the side of his neck, “That brother of yours is quite scheming, do you want me to take care of it for you? You know, I worry about you.”

“Don’t. Leave it to me, and there won’t be any danger.” Qing Yun snorted. Xiao Chengzhe had been rather quiet for a while, he didn’t make any more moves around Qing Yun.

In the end, Qing Yun went to the Xiao family alone.

Father Xiao and Xiao Chengzhe were sitting face to face. Xiao Chengzhe’s entire body showed a strange kind of dejectedness, with dark and dull eyes. It seemed as if the incident with Xiao Chengnuo had really hit him hard.

On the other hand, Father Xiao’s hair was white and looked like he had aged more than ten years.

“I didn’t think that you could do such a thing.” Father Xiao wiped his face, his voice hoarse, “I can’t figure out why you’re illegally appropriating Xiao’s property. It’s our own family’s property. You’re pushing Xiao into the pit of fire! In case the top comes to investigate…”

Xiao Chengzhe snorted at the words, “Our own family’s property? It’s your family’s property, and if I want it, I’ll have to take it for myself, of course.”

Father Xiao was stunned by this, he didn’t expect that Xiao Chengzhe, who had lived in the Xiao family for more than twenty years, would end up saying such things. He treated Xiao Chengzhe a little better than his own son, so good that Father Xiao almost forgot about the fact that Xiao Chengzhe was adopted.

“You don’t need to rob him. He was planning to give you Xiao.” Qing Yun walked through the door and said to Xiao Chengzhe.

Mother Xiao, who had been standing nearby indifferently, greeted him and hung up Qing Yun’s coat for him. Father Xiao obviously didn’t expect Qing Yun to come and looked at Mother Xiao with a slight shock.

“What are you looking at me for? With Xiao’s deficit of so much money, am I waiting for bankruptcy if I don’t call my son in?” Mother Xiao glanced at him and said in a cold tone.

Father Xiao hadn’t made a sound, but Xiao Chengzhe became agitated because of Qing Yun’s words, “He’ll hand Xiao over to me? Isn’t that because you already have Ruixin and don’t need Xiao at all?!”

Father Xiao looked at Xiao Chengzhe fixedly, he didn’t even have the strength to get angry. Xiao Chengzhe was his most favored and proudest child, and since he was a child, Father Xiao had only praised him. But now what kind of mood was he going to use to face the reality that this was all an illusion?

No one paid any attention to Xiao Chengzhe, but Xiao Chengzhe seemed to be full of anger and had an outlet to vent his anger. He pointed at Father Xiao and said, “Do you think it’s wrong for me to take that money? This was supposed to be mine! Did you have nothing to do with my father’s death? Why did you adopt me if you didn’t? Are you that kind? Still want my father’s shares!”