ARC 7 - Chapter 7.8

Although the Northern army had the upper hand, the other group of men clearly had the numerical advantage.

Whose people are these?

Qi Yue frowned tightly. He looked at the opponent’s leaders and got down from his horse to pick up the scattered bow and arrows on the ground. Then, with both arms exerting force, he directly pulled the bow into a full moon and fired two arrows together to shoot the opponent’s leaders off the horse.

Seeing that the leaders fell to the ground, the private army immediately showed its weakness. The Northern army took advantage of the situation to chase after them.

Qi Yue walked into the camp, found the Third Prince in the tent, and said with a serious face, “It is not advisable to stay here for a long time. With all the commotion, the Capital must have noticed it already.”

When the Third Prince saw that Qi Yue had returned, he didn’t listen to him at all but asked with an excited face, “What did General Qi gain from his trip to the Capital?”

Yang Hui also walked over and looked at Qi Yue.

Looking at the Third Prince’s eager appearance, Qi Yue frowned. He wanted to ask how this side suddenly fought, but due to his status, he had to answer the Third Prince’s question first: “The situation in the Capital is different from the past.”

Hearing Qi Yue’s words, the Third Prince and Yang Hui’s eyes immediately lit up. They had anticipated that there would be chaos in the Capital. They hoped for more chaos in the Capital so they could receive more support from the people by leading the rebellion with the holy decree.

However, Qi Yue’s following words completely dispelled their hopes: “The order in the Capital is even better than in the past, and the power of the Capital’s families has been greatly restrained. More importantly, the entire Capital has been firmly grasped by the Grand Prince, and no one even dares to disagree with the Grand Prince in Qing Yang House.”

“Impossible!” The Third Prince was stunned and immediately retorted, “General Qi has not returned to the Capital for many years, could there be some misunderstanding?”

Qi Yue looked at him, and a trace of displeasure flashed in his eyes. Not many people dare to question him in this way. Moreover, this Third Prince is still weak and is really just a child in Qi Yue’s eyes.

He stumbled two steps, pulled Qi Yue’s sleeve, and asked, “Is what General Qi said true? Is it true that there is no one……in that Qing Yang House?”

Qi Yue nodded his head firmly.

Yang Hui was shocked and immediately sat down by the table. Qi Yue was deadly loyal to Emperor Hongming, so he would certainly not lie about these matters. He never expected that the Grand Prince would have controlled the entire Capital to this point.

But to be honest, Yang Hui had actually suspected this current situation, but he did not want to believe it.

Although Yang Hui is no longer an official, he still has many disciples in the court. When he first left the court, Yang Hui would receive letters from his disciples and the Minister of Rites every day. These letters not only give him detailed information about the situation in the court but also relay the words and deeds of the Grand Prince.