ARC 9 - Chapter 9.18

Xiang Liyan did not doubt that if this man were a beast, he would have bitten his throat off instantly.

The moment this man, who was sitting in the first place and obviously in a high position of power, appeared, he instantly stood up. Xiang Liyan immediately took a step back because the majesty of this man was too heavy and made him afraid.

Moreover, this man’s strangely familiar face and the aura of a superior man immediately awakened Xiang Liyan’s memory about him. He remembered that at another party, he had the honor of meeting the real head of the Wei family. The man was ill, but he had kept the entire Wei family in order. With that extraordinary aura, a dangerous impression was carved in Xiang Liyan’s heart.

Now, this man appeared in this situation, making Xiang Liyan’s money-swept mind even more muddled and even a little confused about the current situation.

Xiang Liyan subconsciously avoided him, but the man did not walk towards him. Instead, he stepped aside and walked over to the sofa on the side. His hands urgently and even with a bit of trembling, untied the ropes on the teenager. Then, he directly held the whole teenager into his arms.

“All right? It doesn’t hurt, right? Are there any injuries?” The man asked, obviously extremely worried. Although everything is within Wei Changxiu’s grasp, he is still afraid for his baby in case something happens to him.

The youth on the sofa stretched out his arms to wrap his arms around the man’s neck. His trust was overwhelming, and this intimate position immediately caused alarm bells to ring in Xiang Liyan’s heart.

Xiang Chenyu, an orphan with no one to rely on, what exactly is his relationship with Wei Changxiu, the ruler of the Wei family?

“It’s okay. I guessed you were here.”

Qing Yun had planned to run away directly after arriving at the casino and make a big deal out of the matter, but after taking a look at the performance of the casino thug while trying to escape, he immediately understood that the people here had no intention of hurting him, so he guessed that he guessed Wei Changxiu had long dug a pit waiting for Father Xiang to jump in.

He knew that this man would never really wait there obediently to see him take his revenge all by himself.

He even felt disgusted to look at Father Xiang. Wei Changxiu directly carried Qing Yun and left. He coldly said to the actual owner of the casino while walking: “There will be police coming later, you know what to do. Give me a copy of the surveillance video.”

“Yes, yes, yes, we are a proper casino, we don’t take work of buying people……” the boss nodded and explained, but Wei Changxiu didn’t pay attention to his explanation. He just held the teenager in his arms and walked forward. That kind of precious attitude was as if holding in his hands is a treasure heavier than a thousand pounds.

Father Xiang, who witnessed all this, was standing there dumbfounded. Seeing Wei Changxiu holding Xiang Chenyu, he couldn’t help but quickly take two steps forward and call out, “Mr. Wei, you……”

The back of Xiang Liyan’s shirt was already soaked, and his brain, controlled by money and desire, finally came to its senses. Father Xiang’s eyes changed a few times, but he kept catching up with Wei Changxiu, wiping the sweat from his forehead while explaining: “Mr. Wei, where are you taking Chenyu to? I just brought him to this occasion today to scare him. How can I really send him to the casino.”