ARC 7 - Chapter 7.15

Zhang Lin was scared half to death by Qi Yue’s words. He stumbled and fell down in the mud, unable to speak properly: “Qi, General Qi?”

Qi Yue’s dark gaze looked at Zhang Lin. With a wave of his hand, the soldiers behind him immediately moved to tie up the group of people who had threatened to rebel within a few moments.

He ignored the howling Zhang Lin and instead took the lead in walking towards the youth standing in the rain. He lifted his hand and spread his cloak, shielding the man he had longed for from the rain.

A day without seeing you is like being apart for three years.

Qi Yue finally really felt the meaning of these words. He greedily traced the young man’s clear and elegant eyebrows, and only after a long time did he say in a warm voice: “I came late.”

Seeing this person standing so recklessly beside the Grand Prince, the guard behind Qing Yun wanted to block him. He wanted to give a stern word but thought of the words that Court Elder Wei Lin instructed them when they left the capital: “Do not expose the identity of His Highness outside and remember to be careful of General Qi Yue.

Now that he has seen General Qi, who they needed to be “more careful” of, look so close to His Highness, the guard’s face reddened. He could only manage to stifle a line to Qing Yun: “Gongzi……this person……”

Qing Yun waved his hand to stop the guard’s movement to go forward. He tilted his head smilingly, looking at the man whose eyes were full of longing: “Oh? Where is General Qi late? Is it because you are late to see your unmarried wife? Miss Zhang just ran away not long ago. The General should have met her on the way.”

This implied sour words involuntarily came out of his mouth. Qing Yun frowned with some regret, so his face turned cold again.

Qi Yue looked at him and felt that this person’s knitted brows and smiles were beautiful. Whether it was the light mocking smile earlier or the slightly cold and solemn frown now, he was swayed by it.

He lowered his head filled with hunger and thirst but was unaware of it as he approached the young man’s face and whispered: “Miss Zhang? What does it have to do with me? I never agreed to that marriage.”

When Zhang Lin heard Qi Yue’s words, he knelt down and howled, “General Qi, your marriage with my daughter was granted by the Emperor!”

He took off his cloak and draped it over the youth and approached Zhang Lin in stride. He pulled the man by the neck and said, “I, Qi Yue, would rather resist the decree and suffer beheading than marry a woman I don’t like, let alone the daughter of a brute like you!

Watching these two confront each other, the guard came to Qing Yun’s ear and said hesitantly, “Sir, this man is extremely dangerous. How should we act?”

“No hindrance.” Qing Yun shook his head indifferently.

But the surrounding refugees who heard the guard’s words made up their minds. Knowing that General Qi, the newcomer, might be detrimental to the Grand Prince, they gathered around and looked at Qi Yue defensively. At the same time, they were careful with their words, learning from the guard and not daring to reveal the identity of the Grand Prince.

After collecting Zhang Lin, Qi Yue arranged for his soldiers to take over these people to deal with the flooding problem and then returned to Qing Yun.