ARC 7 - Chapter 7.3

Yan Lan was led into the army, and he was extremely shocked along the way. Originally, he only heard that Qi Yue was extremely strict, and his army was different from ordinary. Still, now that he really saw it, he realized that these rumors were far more true than the rumors.

Even in such a difficult environment as the border, where food and drinks are incomparably crude, these soldiers standing or training have a distinctive spirit. This aura of seriousness, honed amid life and death, shocked Yan Lan’s mind.

The Imperial Guard of Great Yan could not catch up with the Northern Army even by half. This was the praise Emperor Hongming gave to Qi Yue, and Yan Lan finally felt it.

While he was wise, he was not as cheerful as he seemed on the surface. Although he had already placed great value on Qi Yue, who was trusted by the Emperor, he still had a hidden pride in his heart. Now that he had come all this way, the pride in Yan Lan’s heart had received a great shock.

Every soldier in the Northern army did not show any fawning over his status as an Imperial Prince, but instead, they looked at the central military tent with a faint look of fanaticism in their eyes.

And from time to time, there are people around the army sending food and livestock to offer their condolences. Once he saw this scene, Yan Lan knew how influential the Northern General was in the military camp and even in the entire border. It was not an exaggeration to say that he was the Emperor of the land.

What rose in Yan Lan’s heart was not the joy of finding a powerful helper but some doubts. Emperor Hongming trusted Qi Yue, but Yan Lan did not. What he began to think about in his mind was the influence of Qi Yue now and in the future.

Because Qi Yue’s identity is extremely special, there is nothing wrong with saying that he is the adopted son of Emperor Hongming.

It was not difficult to see the depth of the Third Prince Yan Lan’s mind. The fact that he was able to defeat the First Prince Yan Sa in the struggle for the throne and discredit his image in Emperor Hongming’s mind, while at the same time disguising himself as a well-behaved son who could put the Emperor at ease, was enough to show that his mind was not inferior. To talk about scheming, perhaps Yan Sa is simply no match for him.

"

In fact, Qing Yun had expected Yan Lan’s reaction, so he did not intercept Yan Lan on the way back to the capital as Yan Sa did. However, after Yan Lan got the decree from Emperor Hongming, he knew after a little thought that the situation in the palace must be very serious if Emperor Hongming could think of sending the decree out. Maybe Yan Sa had already set up a trap waiting for him to return to the capital.

So, he didn’t wait for Qi Yue to come to his aid. He directly steered his horse to the Northern border, wanting to borrow Qi Yue’s manpower to protect himself.

When he saw Qi Yue standing in front of the military tent, Yan Lan had already put away all his thoughts and put on his usual bright smile, saying aloud, “Greetings to General Qi!”

Although he was full of smiles, there was a flash of shock in his eyes. The intimidating power of this man is too strong. Qi Yue gives Yan Lan a feeling different from other military generals. The calmness and wisdom in his eyes are by no means something that a reckless man can present.

Qi Yue’s gaze vaguely swept over the holy decree in Yan Lan’s hand, and he immediately made up his mind. He clasped his fist and knelt towards the Third Prince: “Greetings to the Third Prince. I was unable to go out to greet the Third Prince due to busy military affairs, so I ask for your forgiveness!”

“Greetings to the Third Prince, requesting forgiveness from the Third Prince!”

As Qi Yue knelt down, all the soldiers in the entire barracks knelt in a neat and unified manner. It was as if Qi Yue was the benchmark in their hearts, and Qi Yue himself was their military order.