ARC 2 - Chapter 2.8

Qing Yun’s two long legs wrapped around Zou Chen’s waist. He reached out and tugged at Zou Chen’s collar, leaning in close to say something.

What these two were saying, Zou Qiyao didn’t know, at this moment, he even forgot who he was and where he was, he mumbled out, “Brother…”

Zou Chen’s eyes turned dark because of his words.

Qing Yun’s eyes were even colder. He could tolerate Zou Qiyao bouncing around like a clown but couldn’t endure Zou Qiyao’s unobstructed entry into the space he was living in.

Zou Qiyao repeatedly provoked him, but Qing Yun did not make a move. He believed that Zou Chen would deal with it himself, but now it seems that he thought too much.

Keenly aware of the change in Qing Yun’s mood, Zou Chen panicked, and the spatula fell to the floor with a bang.

“Chengnuo, you listen to my explanation… ” Zou Chen hurriedly wrapped his hands around Qing Yun.

Qing Yun chuckled lightly as he reached out to wrap his arms around Zou Chen’s neck. His jade-like palms even stroking Zou Chen’s stubbled chin, but his eyes were growing increasingly obscure.

Zou Chen’s heart sank a little bit, and it was hard to separate a single bit of attention for the dumbfounded Zou Qiyao.

“Oh, I’ve met him twice, so he’s Zou’s most favored brother.” Qing Yun cupped Zou Chen’s chin and whispered.

“Very well, then, spend the rest of your life with your baby brother.” The tone of his voice turned sharp. Qing Yun pulled Zou Chen’s arm away from him and took the jacket on the couch to go out.

“Baby, don’t… “Zou Chen quickly tugged on Qing Yun’s arm but was snapped away by Qing Yun.

Zou Qiyao watched Zou Chen chase Qing Yun out in a low voice and didn’t even reward himself with a glance. Only now did the alarm begin to go off in his heart. Trembling subconsciously, he searched for a place to hide.

But his body didn’t dare to move.

Zou Qiyao’s mind flashed back to the scene at a particular Zou family banquet. Just because of one sentence, Zou Chen took his grandfather’s cane and ruthlessly broke his second uncle’s leg.

Blood burst onto the floor, and his second uncle’s howls of anguish shook the heavens.

However, not a single person in the Zou family dared to move, not a single person dared to speak up for him. The old man of the Zou family watched his favored young son climbing on the ground like an animal, but he could only drink tea.

For fear of disturbing Zou Chen’s “elegant mood”, the banquet’s crowd even had to smile and step on the sticky bloodstains on the floor, dancing and talking along with his uncle’s howls.

That day at the banquet, the smell of blood overtook the smell of alcohol and burrowed deep into the hearts of all present, clinging to their nerve endings. With a little stimulation, the scene was vividly remembered.

But at that time, Zou Chen was indifferent. Zou Qiyao had never seen Zou Chen lose his composure like this.

Thinking about his own dirty thoughts, Zou Qiyao knew that he was finished.

By the time Assistant Gu arrived, the sound of wailing could no longer be heard in the villa.

As soon as he entered, he saw Zou Qiyao curled up on the floor, his face covered in blood, and slurred his words, “Sister-in-law will come back, sister-in-law will come back…”