ARC 9 - Chapter 9.4

Until after the banquet, Xiang Chenyu did not come out from the music room. In the corridor on the second floor, the sound of violin echoed throughout. The silent and gloomy child was practicing the violin.

The parents have been used to this behavior of Xiang Chenyu, or rather, his way of dealing with the family was the result of his parents’ and Xiang Chenjin’s efforts.

When Xiang Chenjin first came back to the Xiang family, Xiang Chenyu was apprehensive but still went up to try to talk. However, the results did not make him happy. Father and Mother Xiang were focused on Xiang Chenjin. In the eyes of the family of three, Xiang Chenyu is simply an eyesore. Whether he is standing or sitting, it was annoying to see.

The young Xiang Chenyu could not blend into their lives and did not want to bear the inexplicable reprimand of his mother, so once he saw the three of them together, he obediently practiced in the music room. Sometimes the nanny would call him for dinner only when the three of them were done eating.

But thinking about how Xiang Chenyu behaved tonight in front of all the guests, Mother Xiang suddenly became dissatisfied again. She carried a fruit plate and placed it in front of Xiang Chenjin while complaining towards Father Xiang, “He’s too evasive today, isn’t he? If people don’t know better, they will think that our Xiang family has treated him badly!”

There was no weakness in Mother Xiang’s words. Apparently, she really felt that the Xiang family did not treat Xiang Chenyu badly. After all, in her view, the fact that they adopted Chenyu, an orphan who could not be seen, fed him, clothed him, and taught him music was already a great gift. As for Xiang Chenyu’s disappearing talent and his deaf ear, it was clearly his own failure. What did it have to do with the Xiang family?

Father Xiang did not pay attention to Mother Xiang, who was rambling, but put down the newspaper in his hand and walked towards the music room upstairs: “I’ll go and take a look.”

Unlike Mother Xiang, Father Xiang is highly utilitarian, and he also knows exactly what he wants. In his early years, Father Xiang also had dreams about music, but reality hit him hard. He soon realized that his talent was not good and that he might not be able to reach the level of Turris and Rosef in his lifetime.

But Father Xiang also yearned for the enormous appeal of a musician and the honor and wealth he could obtain, so when the ten-year-old Xiang Chenyu appeared on the Internet, Father Xiang was immediately taken with the idea. He quickly went through the adoption process before the rest of the people who wanted to adopt Xiang Chenyu moved.

Father Xiang, who lacked talent, used his imaginary method to teach Chenyu with the most severe means, desperately trying to raise Chenyu into a first-class violinist or even the greatest musician, but using this method wore his talent down to nothing. Seeing that this child, who was full of spirit in his childhood, could no longer play the beautiful sound of the violin, Father Xiang was utterly disappointed and brought a sense of anger to his harsh teaching of Xiang Chenyu.

Now seeing Xiang Chenyu shine again, Father Xiang thought again. He remembered an underground casino that seemed to have made a fresh way to play.

The casino selects difficult pieces for different players to play, simulating the procedure of an international music competition. However, people are betting behind the scenes to collect money.

Since Xiang Chenyu can play “Flowing Water”, there should be no problem participating in this competition.

Father Xiang’s eyes were greedy, and he had just stepped onto the corridor on the second floor when he saw the butler running over in a hurry and said to them, “Sir, madam, someone from the Wei family has come to visit.”