Special Chapter: The Wildest Gem

A helpless woman who got stuck from the past that even the softest wind could not prevail. For around thousands of years and a long way of milestone, I am now finally breathing with the coldest northern wind of spring... Where I felt pain, suffering, and the biggest win of having my greatest love here in front of the castle.

Here I am today, standing again in front of him, holding the wildest flower in my hands. His eyes are full of words but he was left speechless. The time I bumped myself into him not accidentally... I said to myself, this man won't last for long. This man will mean nothing... This man is just a trash.

I didn't believe in colors. Everything seemed to be just so dull and plain.

"Ruby, it's now over... You're now here, anak." Papa said with tears in his eyes. He let go of my hands slowly while walking down the aisle. "Take care of yourself... Sa wakas ay naihatid din kita sa altar... Kayo ng Ate at Kuya mo. Don't come to me again with those crying eyes, Shim. Always call me when you need me... Papa is here. Mahal na mahal ka ni Papa." He caressed my cheeks.

"Stop acting like that... Hindi bagay sa inyo." Pag-iiba ko ng usapan.

He played my hair before giving me to Mama. She wiped my tears away while cupping my cheeks with her warm hands.

"Lysandra is so proud of you, Shim... You made it." Mahina siyang ngumiti. "Huwag mo 'kong tatawagan kung alam mong maayos ka naman... Tawagan mo 'ko kapag walang-wala ka. Call me when you need me, Shim... Do not be a stubborn wife, alright?" Paalala niya sa akin habang hawak ang mga kamay ko.

"Sabing huwag kayong umarte. Huwag niyo 'kong drinadramahan." Inis na bigkas ko.

"My daughter... You grew up so well... Such a fighter." She cheered. "I love you so much, Ruby. You can now go to him and spend the rest of your life with him. Mom is now fine to see you wearing a white dress." She walked away slowly to point Zion.

I couldn't say Mom, but I love you too... You and Papa are my whole world. I love you so much, Mom and I will never get tired of proving myself to you just like what you did to me. That you proved to me that you deserved my love too. No matter what, you and Papa will always be my light.

Nilahad niya ang kamay sa akin matapos niyang halikan ang kamay ni Mama. Zion's wearing his tuxedo with the most beautiful scene in his eyes when he stared at me. Walang pag-aalinlangan kong tinanggap ang kamay niyang nag-iinit sa kaba. Mahigpit akong kumapit sa kanya... At kahit kailan ay hindi inalis ang tingin sa kanya.

"You're so beautiful, Ruby... Please don't make your vow too long." Mahinang bulong niya.

"Why?" Marahan akong napatawa sa kanya.

"I don't want to wait any longer..." He kissed my hands. "No more reasons to break, Ruby... From this day, let's do nothing but to make love... Marry me today and I will forever tame your heart."

I rubbed my thumb on his jaw and nodded. Yes, Zion. It's a yes... We will get married today and our children will carry the most beautiful names someday. I will have your name today and I promise to hold it from now on to forever. I will cross the sky, with the echo of our voices reaching the moon with our howls.

Humarap sa amin si Reis na hawak si Zahn sa kamay. Palihim niya pang haplos-haplos ang kamay ni Ulfa na hinihintay nilang dalhin ang pangalawang anak nila matapos ang halos isang taon at kalahati dahil iyon ang batas. Matapos ang anak na lalaki, kailangang sundan ang tagapagmana dahil kung hindi, magiging banta sa trono ng nakaupo ang hindi pagkakaroon ng dalawa o tatlong anak. Sa ngayon, hindi pa handa ang dalawa at naghihintay lang ng pagkakataon.

"Ayan na ang pangarap mo. Ikakasal ka na, puwede ka nang humimlay." He teased.

I frowned at him. Wala talagang ikalasal sa aming tatlo nang walang napapahiya.