Chapter 09: Angel With A Shotgun

Zion's POV

I was not meant to smile whenever I perform. I was not meant to search for someone in the crowd.

I don't know but she brings excitement to me for acting that way. It feels like something's going to happen whenever she talks. That's whag I feel whenever she's around for that ten days of chasing cycle. I bit my lips remembering how she mocks and brags around me again.

"Come on, come with me, Zion."

"Stop chasing me, remove the ring instead."

"Just a minute talk to me."

"Zion!"

"Crap! Why don't you just listen?

"Luluhod ka rin sa akin, hayop ka."

She's beautiful but annoying. For somehow, I like the way she annoys me. I wanna ask her if she casted a spell on me. I wanna know what did she do to make me think of her every second.

The crowd started to yell when I sang the lyrics. Everyone's getting high with the atmosphere. Am I really the soldier that she needs? Inaano mo ako, Ruby Shim... Bakit ako nagkakaganito... Hindi naman siguro ito mahika.

I don't know what I was doing but my eyes are suddenly gazing around looking for someone. I pause to catch my breath, I caught up her glimpse, and I was surprised to see her smile at me.

She's in red again. Wearing a bloody red dress paired with everything in her adore.

Are you here to get me now? Hinahamon ako ng mga tanong at ni minsan ay hindi mo man lang ako binigyan ng sagot bukod sa mga katagang kailangan mo ako.

Naningkit ang mga mata niyang nakatingin sa akin. She stared at me.

I gulped before smiling at her the same way she did. She looks completely fine while sipping on the cigarette inserted between her fingers.

Damn, why is she taking cigarettes? It's bad for you, little wolf. Tigasin din talaga ang ulo niya.

The angel with a shotgun is back to chase me. My savage queen showed up after two long days of abyss. Am I starting to like her?

Or maybe I just like the idea of her existence... I just like the idea of being with her with a condition. And that is to find the woman I keep on looking for, years ago.

"I'm back," she mumbled without making a sound, reading her perfect red soft lips whisper.

Ngumiti ako nang mabangga siya ng isang lalaki at napamura nang malutong. Pinatid niya pa ito lalo, dahilan para tumakbo sa takot.

I've been caught up, I think. With this girl, I adore her for somehow. Reasons are not enough to say.

Now that she's here again, is she taking the hell of me completely? Should I play like a hard-to-get-man? She needs me. With all burning sky, she's begging me to come and listen to her.

But she's a complete stranger. She is an immortal. I am scared of her, but I can feel the passion in my soul that I must come after her. I must protect her... Because I pity her.

Am I willing to take the risk being with this immortal just because she needs me?

I do need her too for my answers. She needs me to complete something. I need her to complete me. We're both puzzle pieces who need each other to form a jigsaw.