Epilogue: Scent of Eclipse

It's over. He left me, taking away the eclipse with him. I guess he's now walking to the afterlife? I did not even have the chance to tell you what I wanted to say. It's so unfair... You're so unfair.

I'm sorry, Zion... I failed to protect you. You did a great job. You made me smile... You made me forget. You stayed for a long time. In this similar place of mine which is my own prison, you set me free.

The wind blows in a cold and strong way. I closed my eyes to feel it cover my whole body.

It's him...

You left without your name on mine. You left without your kids running around me. You fooled me. How am I supposed to breath again? 

It feels like it was just yesterday, we are dancing under the moon with a slow music. Telling each other that we will not break apart. And now... How can I face tomorrow without you?

How can I face tomorrow when you told me that there will be no tomorrow if there were no us? You made me think that there would be no one else who will be here at my side than you. Now, how am I supposed to wake up again to think that there's no more you? How am I supposed to wish to meet you again? 

Bakit ka pumunta sa kabilang buhay nang may iniiwang kasiguraduhan? Sana sinabi mo nang mas maaaga para hindi na kita hinintay pa.

Andaya mo lumaban... Sa tuwing mananalo ako sa isang laban, nawawala ka. Sa tuwing aalis ka, sinasabi mong magiging maayos din ang lahat pero lalo mo 'kong pinapatay. Sa tuwing humihiling ako ng isa pang pagkakataon sa'yo, hindi ka nagpapakita.

Why do I have to celebrate every victory without you in my arms? Why do I keep on fighting when I cannot even win you?

You left me breathless, Zion Flinn.

I should give up now. There are no any reasons left for me to hold on. He gave up and I will do the same.

Dahan-dahan akong umalis mula roon para tanggapin ang paglalaho ng lahat.

It's really true... I've never been wrong.

Sacrificing will never be enough to make someone stay forever. If they promised to stay, then that does not mean that they will. To stay means to keep someone safe and sound... Even if you will need to leave in the end.

Let's see each other again, Zion. Let's not stop sailing death and life just to see each other. Every step, I know that with you, magic will never fade away.

"Did you hurt your hands?"

I quickly stopped when I heard that voice. The same way how we met, my heart skipped a beat and I can't turn my head to face him.

The blur started to give me the vivid that suddenly continues this story. The lost times that this destiny tried to erase came back and was written in another words again. He found his way back.

He touched my hands to see them. His shadow replicates the feelings that passed. It is growing stronger... The embrace of our hearts can make a total eclipse.

"Zion!" Ulfa called and ran towards him.

She hugged him tight as she can. Napapikit silang pareho sa muli nilang pagkikita.

"Are you okay?" Tarantang yakap niya sa kapatid. "I thought you died. Why did you do that? You've been there for so long..." Pumatak ang luha sa mga mata niya. "Maayos ka ba? Nasaktan ka ba? Zion, sagutin mo 'ko."

"I'm sorry... Akala ko tatlong araw lang ako sa loob."

Umatras ako dahil natatakot akong baka hindi ito totoo. Paano kung... Panaginip lang lahat? Na baka bukas wala na ulit siya? Na malalaman kong hindi siya nakaligtas?