Chapter 71: I love you

Zion

"Aalis ka nang ganyan na lang?" 

I turned my back. It's her father. Inilayo ko ang tingin ko sa kanya. Wala na ang ulan pero mahamog sa buong kagubatan.

Bumalik ako sa sarili ko. Gulat akong napalayo sa sobrang dami ng hayop na napatay ko habang tumatakbo kanina. My hands are covered with blood. The last crow that I attacked whined.

What did I do?

"Do you think you can get away from this? I know my daughter misunderstood about the ring you bought for my son and your sister." He sat at the block of stone before counting how many animals did I kill. "Ten animals, Zion." He said in a deep voice.

"Why are you here?"

Ipinunas ko ang dugo sa damit ko pero hindi ko kinaya ang uhaw. I licked the blood from my hands that made him smirk.

"To beg." Tugon niya.

"What?" Naguguluhang tanong ko.

He stood up and placed his hands on his leather cloak. He gave me a cloak too and I raised my brows what it is for. He punched me. Now he's giving me a coat? 

"It's cold. Isuot mo 'yan kung gusto mo." Mas malamig pa ang tono niya kaysa sa paligid.

"Thank you, Alpha." Bahagya kong yuko at sinunod siya. I breathed warm air.

"I know you've been there. You probably saw how miserable she is without you."

Sinabayan ko siya sa paglalakad. Nakapamulsa siya. Tindig pa lang niya, mukhang papatay na. I've heard that he's one of the toughest fighter before when he's still next to their father. There's no doubts why he got the crown.

"Didn't you want me to stay away from her?" Wala sa sariling tanong ko.

I can only hear how the leaves tear apart as we step on them slowly. He faced at me with deep eyes. He wants to tell something that I could not read.

"Do you love my daughter?"

I nodded. I cannot say how, why, when... Did I love her. I love her so much and for now, I don't have the chance to tell her before I could die in that portal.

She's my first and last love. The only woman who made me laugh purely, made my cry hard, and made me see what love truly means. She taught me how to be a man who can care for others too.

Between the two of us, I'm the real selfish. I lived with a life that I didn't care about others. All I care is for myself and for the things that can make me happy. Like a lost soul with no feelings.

But when I saw her begging me to be with her to forget, I learned how to care for others. I learned how to love. I thought, that will be the end of my selfishness but I was wrong...

Until now, I am still a selfish man. I am leaving her, shattered into pieces because of the pain I gave. I mended her, but I broke her in the end. And I am guilty of that.

"So much, Alpha." I answered.

"Then why are you doing this to her?! Is it because of that portal?!"

"I will be sent inside that portal to face my transition. No one survived in that portal. I want to find another way but I didn't find anything. That's the only way and I could not do anything about it."

Lumuhod siya sa harapan ko. He kneeled down with teary eyes. A father's love...

"Please do everything to survive then marry her after. I will give you my permission to marry my daughter. Do not leave her, Zion." He begged.