Chapter 48: Academy Attack

Ruby Shim Haji mood board

Zion Saber Flinn mood board

Credits to the rightful owner of the pictures used

Credits to the rightful owner of the pictures used. -From Pinterest

~*~

"I won't leave but what if you will be the one who will do it?"

I looked at him to wait for his answer. I think I made it hard for him. If it's yes, then... Please do it now and don't make promises again. I'm afraid to get  hurt again when you made me feel that I won't be hurt again.

"Don't say such things. You're squeezing me." Seryoso niyang sagot.

Right. He just said it.

"Sorry." Bulong ko.

Saglit niya akong tinignan bago ibinaling ulit ang tingin sa daan. Ang kanang kamay niya ay bumaba papunta sa kamay ko. Mahigpit niya iyong hinawakan.

"I'm scared. To be honest." He said without looking at me.

"For what? I told you that I'll protect you."

"I'm scared that I might leave you. Thinking that I will hurt you hurts me twice." He whispered.

Namuo ang luha sa mga mata ko. Thinking that I will hurt you hurts me a lot too, Zion. I'm so scared that one day the truth will set you free and I am afraid that you might not find your way back to me again. What if you leave? What if you find someone else who isn't like me? I'm such a terrible woman... And I'm so embarrassed to have you here.

"If ever that I will leave you, remember what I've said... I will always crawl back to you, Ruby."

I want to know your reasons why.

"Why?"

"Because it's you." Mabilis na sagot niya. "The moment I saw you cried at nights and waited for days to come just to overcome the pain, I felt guilt... I pity you so much and I asked myself to stay and take care of you. And that moment, I said to myself that I will never leave the girl who caught me with her dark side."