Chapter 75: The Chapter Ends

Zion

I took this battle alone. With no one. With my bare hands. No sword, no knife, no gun, nothing... Just my strength.

When they need me, I'm always there to save them. But when I need them the most, no one's here.

That's what the challenger said to me. But why whould I believe him? I left the world and I saw how they are willing to wait no matter how long will it be for me to come back. I have no one to be my shelter here... To be my strength. I have no one to save me. But I have reasons to survive.

It's her...

Duguan akong gumapang palapit sa portal ngunit humarang ang kinikilalang bathala. Zilanes showed up with her golden weapon. Her eyes are glowing into white.

I escaped her by trying to get out. I hurt myself and it kills me... It burnt my body.

Paano kita babalikan? Ruby, gustong-gusto ko nang bumalik sa'yo... Sunduin mo na 'ko rito... Hindi ko na kaya...

"This is your final challenge, Zion." She said, raising her hands without landing her feet on the ground.

"Isn't that enough? I'm near death... I've gone far within three days straight. Please let me live... I'm afraid to hurt her so please let me live..."

Lumapit siya at maamong ngumisi. Hinihingal akong lumuhod sa tuyong lupa. Is this how death feels? Then please let me see her. Let me see my Ruby... Just a second...

"To be a powerful Amaroq, you need to know how to put your emotions aside while you're in a battlefield."

"What do you mean?" I gasped for air.

"Three days that you're here is already a year there."

One year?

Lalo akong pinanghihinaan ng loob. Is she still waiting? It's been a long time... She must have been so hurt now... Ruby must be crying now. Who's there for her? Who's taking care of her? Is she fine? 

Nanghihina na ako at kaunting tagos na lamang ng dugo ay hindi ko na kakayanin pa. Pero ano ang sakit kumpara sa sakit na ibinigay ko sa kanya habang naghihintay siya?

She casted a spell to show what's happening there.

"She's now married, Zion. She did not wait. She's now married with another man because she needed to."

"She won't do that."

Bumagsak ang balikat ko nang makitang halikan niya ang ibang lalaki sa isang kasal. She marked the man she found and smiled with her own ending.

I am dying here... And she married another man. I watched her marry that man with my empty eyes.

I lost her... My Ruby got mad at me for leaving her...

I took this battle too long. I can't blame her though...

Is there's still a reason to live? She's now with someone else. Someone who will make her happy for the rest of her life. Someone who will do the things we two could've done if I did not go.

I nodded. She deserves it... She deserves to be happy. After all, I was the one who  wished her to marry someone else when I'm already gone. To forget me and remember me only when the eclipse comes.

I'm sorry for leaving you, Ruby. I didn't mean it. Please, don't hate me.

I love you and please know that. I'm glad that you're now fine. I'm glad that I kept you safe even if I didn't make to survive.

"Now... Do you still want to go out? Or you will choose to die right here?"

I'll go out for what? To see her slowly forgetting about us? To see how she my wishes true?