Chapter 74: Walked Away

"Open the bottle only when I'm back."

The night already fell. It's cold in here. The amusement park is empty. We decided to go here and have fun with each other's embrace.

He's holding my hand. We watched the stars from here. We both sat under the bench. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I will miss him so bad. I will not wish for anything more but his return.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asked.

Tears escaped again from my eyes. As I keep these tears, the more they kill me soflty.

"I have so much in my mind." I excused. "Can't I open it while I'm thinking of you?" Pag-iiba ko.

"The fermentation will take a long time. For the mean time, do not open it. When I'm back, then we can open it and drink it together."

Makakabalik ka pa nga ba? Ni isa walang nakaligtas sa portal na 'yon. Gustong-gusto kong sabihin na oo pero pinangungunahan ako ng takot ko. Paano kung mawala siya? Kakayanin ko bang magpatuloy pa o ang hanapin na lang siya sa kabilang buhay?

"Are we really going to open it together? You will be back, right? You will take the battle for too long but you will be back no matter what... You will still be here. You will run to me and say that you did it. And one day, I will tell to my parents that you survived... That we survived. And after that, we won't need to be far from each other again. I don't need to lose you again."

"Stop crying, Ruby."

Mahigpit ang hawak ko sa kanya. Hinaplos niya ang buhok ko para sabihing magiging maayos siya. Bukas na ang pag-alis niya.

I wish that this night will last for a longer time. I don't want to end these chapters without him. I don't want to end this, sending him away. I never thought of ending us this way.

I won't be there to save him. I cannot protect him when he's facing his weakness there. I won't be there to say that he will be fine when he can't stand anymore... That portal will part our ways and will never let us see each other.

All I can do is to wait for him to fight his own battle. What if he dies? What if he will not take it?

I feel so guilty for taking him to this world. I promised him to protect him as long as he will be there to lie awake next to me but I became his reason to fade away. I don't want to lose him.

Everyone who goes to love me ends up being a memory. I will never accept the truth that he died if that happens. I will cut my own life to follow him. If I couldn't do anything to hold on to us, then I will choose to close my eyes and never open them again to wake up for tomorrow.

"I will never look forward without thinking of building a shelter with you. I still need to be here by your side to control your temper... To scold you... To bring you to the places that you want to go. I will not leave you without my name on you, Ruby."

Liar

"How will that happen? That is death, Zion. You will go. Don't be a fool by trying to believe that you will survive... You cannot escape death so stop believing that fate will save us!"

"If you don't believe in fate then believe in me!"

"Just go to me when you're already gone... Make me feel that you already died and I will kill myself. That way, I can make our two different worlds as one."

"Hindi iyan ang pinangarap ko para sa'yo, Ruby."

"Anong gusto mo? Kung sakaling mawala ka ay mag-mahal ulit ako ng iba? Magkaroon ako ng anak sa iba? Unahin ang iba kaysa sa sarili ko? Alam mo kung gaano ko kinamumuhian ang makitang may naglalakad palayo sa 'kin... Kaya huwag mong gagawin ang bagay na 'yan dahil hinding-hindi kita mapapatawad."