fifty-seven.

I stood in the bathroom mirror applying a nude lipstick over my dark drown lipliner. I dabbed around the liner to blend the two colors in. As I set the lipstick down on the bathroom counter, there was a knock on the bathroom door. Changbin slowly opened the door and walked in.

He stood behind me and stared at me through the mirror. He was dressed in a pair of nice dress pants and a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His eyes looked me up and down through the mirror, then again towards my backside. The red dress that he had picked out over a month ago hugged my body tight, but not too tight where I can't breathe. It showed off the little curves that I didn't even know I had.

"Almost ready, I swear," I said as I looked over every inch of my face to make sure that I looked okay. "So, where exactly are we going?"

"Somewhere." Changbin pressed a kiss on my temple. "You look beautiful," he said with a soft smile.

I scrunched my face slightly. "I feel very, not me," I admitted. "It's weird seeing myself in a nice dress and heels for something other than a special occasion like a wedding." I turned away from the mirror to face him. "Is it a super fancy restaurant? Is that why you told me to put this dress on?"

Changbin shrugged his shoulders and grabbed my hand. He pulled me out of the bathroom and down the hallway towards the front door, grabbing our phones and his keys from the coffee table. I squeezed his hand the whole time trying not bust ass in these heels. Once the front door was locked, he helped me walk to his car, opening the passenger door for me and helping me in. He had a huge smile on his face that kept growing bigger as he made his way around the car to get into the driver's seat.

"Ready?" He started the car and began to pull out of the driveway.

Not knowing exactly where you're going can sometimes make the ride seem like forever. We've only been driving to the destination for about fifteen minutes but it felt like an hour for me. Changbin kept his focus on the road and seemed a bit in his own thoughts to start a conversation. As much as I wanted to talk his ear off, I didn't know what to talk about that didn't have to do with the company or my lack of excitement in life since he's been gone. All I could do was stare out the window or scroll on my phone.

tuna: so are you at the destination yet?

I stared at the text message for a minute before finally breaking the silence in the car. "So, can I know exactly where we're going?" Changbin shook his head no, squinting his eyes as he focus on the road. "How much longer?"

"A few minutes."

We were no longer in the city, but in the outskirts. Changbin started to slow down a bit, turning onto a small dirt road. He continued to drive along the path that took us further into a forrest like area with trees and bushes covering the skyline. Every now and then I could hear him mumbling to himself, taking a few turns onto other paths. After another four to five minutes, he pulled up to an open area and parked the car.

"Here," he cheered. He turned the car off and swung his car door open, giggling as he ran to my side and opening the door. "My lady," he said as he held his hand out for me to grab.

I unbuckled the seatbelt and took his hand, swinging my legs out of the car. As he helped me out of the car, I looked at my hand and noticed I forgot something. "Shit, I left my ring at the house," I sighed.

"That's okay, Princess." The smile didn't fade from his face.

He shut the car door once I was out and locked the car. He held me close to him as we walked towards the more open area. As we got closer, I noticed at the edge of the small cliff, there was a picnic blanket on the ground with a few candles lit in the middle and a basket beside them.