forty-six.

I was almost done organizing my side of the office room. Everything was finally put in their own drawers nice and neatly, some of my extra materials, like my paints, organized in boxes and other drawers. The only thing that I really needed to sort out were the papers. I had quite a few to go through to see if I wanted to throw away, or keep and put together into a portfolio or a few.

As I sat on the floor with a stack of paper in my hands and a few small stacks on the floor around me. I carefully looked at each piece of paper and thought about what I wanted to do with it. There were a few piece of paper that belong to Changbin that I must have grabbed by accident when I grabbed some of my drawings from his desk earlier, being some of his lyrics he's written down or grocery lists he's made and never got. I didn't really bother to read what he had written down for his lyrics since most of them were songs that were already released or that he's finished working on and let me be the first to listen.

As I set his papers aside, there was one paper with lyrics on it that caught my attention a bit. Changbin usually titled his papers with the song that he was writing for, but this one didn't have a title. It just had some phrases written down all over it.

I'm pretending to be okay, but I can't lie
I miss you and it makes me regret what I've done

I set down the stack of papers I held, keeping this one in my hands. I tucked my hair behind my ears to get it out of my face as I continued to read the few phrases written down on the lines.

In the midst of everything that's over, I search for you
I want to hold you but all I can think of is your tears

I was a jerk and I lost you
I hate myself for being regretful
I miss you too much

Curse me all you want
Until your hatred for me turns into anger
So that you would relieve your anger and we could be together again

I reread every line over and over again, trying to figure out what he was trying to write. This was different from what he usually write about which is why I couldn't put the paper down.

I heard a knock on the doorframe and I quickly set the paper down as I looked up to see Changbin standing in the doorway with the ice cream I asked for earlier.

"Woah, you're hair is gone!" He walked into the room and sat down beside me. "You look sexy," he said as he bit his lip, running his fingers through my hair.

I playfully rolled my eyes and took the ice cream from his hand. "Shut up. I still need to recover from the past few nights."

I scooped up a decent amount of ice cream on my spoon and stuck it in my mouth, closing my eyes and smiling as I enjoyed the sweet flavor of cookies 'n' cream. Changbin kept running his fingers through my chin length hair, twisting a few strands while I ate a bit of my ice cream.

"I don't think I've ever seen you in glasses," he commented as he grabbed my face by my chin and turned my head to face him.

"It's because I rarely wear them." I popped another scoop of ice cream in my mouth before I said another word. "I'm suppose to wear them when I read or draw but I hate having to constantly push them up so I just never wear them. But, I will wear them when my eyes start to hurt and I guess staring at a tiny mirror for a long time when I was cutting my hair made my eyes hurt a bit, which is weird but whatever."

Changbin was looking around at the piles of paper that surrounded us on the floor. He saw the stack that belonged to him that had his lyrics and grocery lists.

"I never went to the store the other day," he mumbled as he grabbed his stack.

I set my ice cream down beside me and handed him the paper that I was reading before he came in. He took it from my hand and scanned the page before looking at me with a bit of a panicked expression.