forty-nine.

T minus one day until the Han wedding. Everything is starting to come together very nicely. Hannah and I had been out at the lake getting everything set up. We thought that it would save everyone time and stress if we just went ahead and set up and decorated the location where the wedding would be at. I told Yuna to stay home and rest since her big day is tomorrow. She did try to come and help but Hannah turned her around and walked her to her car. If Hannah didn't help me, it would've taken me forever to set up.

Once we were finished, I dropped Hannah off at home and made my way back home, taking a quick shower. Changbin wasn't home when I got back. He was at the meeting with Chan and Jisung with the company. Since I had the house to myself, I decided to blast some of 3RACHA's music while I drew a few sketches.

After sketching for a bit, I decided to get over my fear of fucking up someones body and use my tattoo machine that Changbin got me. I picked up the box that was under my desk that held the machine and set it on top. I took everything out and stared at it for a bit. I plugged the power supply box in, along with the foot pedal and the cord that goes to the machine itself.

I looked at the few sketches I did and didn't really like any of them enough. I started to go through my sketch books to look for a specific drawing that I had in mind. After a few minutes, I finally found it. It was a Medusa drawing I had done not that long ago. Her hair and snakes were going all over the place, as for her face, she had a crying for help expression with a tear rolling down her cheek.

I moved the box that held the machine off my desk, reaching for another box that I had with more equipment. I took out a piece of stencil paper and started tracing the main lines of the drawing. Once I was finished with that, I went to the kitchen to get some clear plastic wrap to use as a barrier on my desk. I've watched many videos on setting up and the actual tattoos being done, so getting everything ready was easy.

After deciding on where I wanted it, I put on a pair of gloves and cleaned my thigh with rubbing alcohol, followed by rubbing a decent amount of stencil stuff on the area and carefully placing the stencil where I wanted it. Since the Medusa was upside down from my point of view, I placed the drawing on the floor upside down as well so when I look at it for shading reference, I won't have to twist my body to see and it'll be much easier.

I took a few breathes before pressing my foot against the foot pedal and dipping the needle into one of the ink caps. I lightly swiped my finger into the vaseline, rubbing it on my tight. I stretched out my skin with my left hand, taking another deep breath before finally going for it and permanently inking my own body. Once I finished the first line, I released my foot from the foot pedal and looked at it. So far, so good. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I pressed the pedal again and began to continue with the tattoo.

The outline of the piece was the easy part. It was the shading that was more of a challenge. I'm glad I had the reference picture on the ground so I didn't have to constantly look up and down. As I continued to shade, my skin was getting more and more irritated which was what made the shading part the challenge. I wanted to stop, but I didn't want an unfinished piece. I must say though, tattooing yourself is a whole other challenge in itself.

I only had a few more snakes left to shade until I'm finished. I dipped the needle into the ink again and as I was just about to place it back on my leg, I heard a knocking sound. I looked up at the door and Changbin was standing in the doorway. He had a huge smile on his face as he stared at my leg.

"I'm almost done," I said to him.

I turned my focus back to my leg and began to shade a snake. While I was shading, I could see Changbin hurry inside the room from my peripheral. I heard his chair moving and I quickly glanced up to see him pulling his chair to sit next to me. I let out a soft chuckle and continued to work on my tattoo.