fifty-six.

I sat in the passenger seat of Changbin's car holding his hand as he drove us to the tattoo shop. I was too busy staring out the window to notice that he was talking to me. I'm just very nervous about this meeting with the artist that would soon be my mentor. What if it's not a job for me? What if I get too scared to mark another human's skin permanently? I mean, I've done it to myself and Changbin, so I should be fine. Right?

I felt Changbin squeeze my hand repeatedly as he called my name to grab my attention. I raised my brows a bit and snapped my head towards him. "Huh?"

"Stop it," he said as he quickly glanced over at me before returning his gaze back to the road. "Everything will be fine. You're overthinking this too much."

I let out a soft sigh and turned back towards the window. It remained silent between the two of us for a while. Only the sounds of the A/C blowing and the passing cars. I rested my head back against the head rest of the seat. This time I squeezed his hand tightly.

"I'm not ready for you to go." My voice was just above a whisper.

"I'm not leaving yet." Changbin let out a soft chuckle. "You're stuck with me for another night. How's has it been since I've been gone?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Lonely."

"Which explains the cat."

"I think I'm going to convince Minho to take her. I can't even take care of myself right now, let alone a kitten." As much as I love having the cute fur ball around, I know I'm not set to be an animal parent. I thought that maybe the cat would keep me company while Changbin is gone, but it's making it a bit harder.

"You need to take care of yourself Chai-"

I quickly cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "I know, I know. You're starting to sound like my father."

Changbin didn't even try to argue with me. He could tell that I'm just too busy in my own thoughts to care about what anyone has to say to me right now. Luckily it wasn't much longer before we pulled into the parking lot of the tattoo shop so the rest of the drive wasn't in awkward silence.

As soon as he parked and turned the car off, we both quickly got out and met each other by the front door. Changbin grabbed onto the door handle and opened the door slightly before quickly shutting it and pulling me close.

"What?" I looked at him with wide eyes then started looking around to see what caused him to act like that.

"Take the clip out of your hair."

I scrunched my face at him. I didn't understand what he meant by that. "Excuse me?"

Changbin pulled out his phone and quickly snapped a picture of me. He pulled up the photo he just took seconds before and showed it to me. There, right behind my jaw and under my ear on the right side, was a big ass purple mark. My eyes slowly looked up from the picture to the boy who's responsible for the mark. I gave him a glare as I took the clip out that held half my hair up. I shook my hair with my fingers, trying my best to cover it as best as I could.

"Can you see it?" I stood still in front of Changbin.

He leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest, looking me up and down. He let out a sigh and reached for the door. "A little bit but If you're not looking for it the no one will see."

I slowly walked into the shop. There was a guy standing behind the front desk, on the phone, and writing some information down. He looked up at us and gave us the finger, mouthing that he will be right with us. I nodded my head, giving him a small smile and reached for my fiancé.