forty.

It's been a few hours and I have sat on the couch as far away from Elle as I could, waiting for Changbin to come home. All we've done is sat here quietly on our phones. I don't care to talk to her, and there's no way I'm leaving her alone in any room in the house.

I looked up at the top of the screen of my phone and saw the time. I went straight to my messages and sent Changbin a message, asking how much longer before he's home. As I was sending the message, I heard Elle clear her throat.

"So," she spoke. "You and Changbin are back together. How long?"

I slowly moved my focus from my phone to her, raising a brow. "Why do you care?"

"I'm just curious."

It's like Changbin heard my cries for help because at that moment he walked through the front door. "What's wrong? Is everything okay? I saw all your texts and I sped home. Oh-" He saw the unwanted guest sitting on the couch.

"Tell her she has to leave." I demanded.

"I'm so confused." Changbin scratched the back of his neck as he shut the door and took his shoes off. "What the hell is going on?"

Elle stood up from the couch and I quickly stood up too. "Sit," I said as I pointed to the couch. She didn't argue with me, she just slowly sat back down. I looked over at my boyfriend and crossed my arms. "Tell her she can't stay. She's only going to listen to you."

"Can I know what's going on first?" Changbin asked as he stood by the door.

"My mom." Elle said. I'm guessing Changbin knew what she meant because the look on his face became soft and sympathetic. "Like I told Chaise, I just need a place to stay for the night. I don't know where to go at the moment but I'll get in contact with people and try to figure it all out tonight and be out of your hair tomorrow."

"I mean-"

"No!" Changbin snapped his focus to me as I stomped my foot. "If I have to act like a child and throw a tantrum for her to get out then I will. She is not staying. I don't give a flying dog's shit about her and her mom's problems. I don't want her to stay here."

"Chaise-" Changbin was starting to speak to me in his calming tone that he does when he's trying to get me to understand something or see his side when we have small stupid arguments.

"You're not really going to let her stay, are you?" By the look on his face, I could tell he was leaning towards yes. "You're joking. Where the fuck is she sleeping? I don't trust her alone in a room. I don't want her in the baby's room, I don't trust her sleeping on the couch, I want her nowhere near the office room. There's no room for her. What part of, I don't want her here do either of you not understand?"

Changbin sighed. "I really don't feel like arguing with you-"

"Then tell her to leave! It's that simple!" I didn't realize how loud my voice was until I saw Changbin flinch. "How are you okay with this? How are you going to ignore my feelings towards this?" When I saw the blank stare I was receiving from him, I knew he had shut me out. "You know what, forget it. Do whatever the fuck you want to do. I'm done trying to get through your thick ass head."

I let out a heavy sigh and made my way to the bedroom, slamming the door shut. I sat down on the edge of the bed and unlocked my phone. I went straight to my contacts and clicked on a name, holding the phone up to my ear and listened to it ring for a bit until I heard the other line pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hi," I greeted quietly. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother you. I'll let you go."

"No no, it's okay." Minho reassured me. "What's up?"