ARC 7 - Chapter 7.3

Start from the beginning

Thousands of people kneeled down at the same time while pleading guilty. A tremendous aura rose, and Yan Lan almost could not control the curvature of his mouth.

Could this Qi Yue be giving him a warning?

In fact, Yan Lan is thinking too much. If this scene of the Northern army kneeling with Qi Yue is seen by Emperor Hongming, he will praise “good!” on the spot. But the seeds of suspicion have been planted in Yan Lan’s heart, and Qi Yue’s every move has deep meaning in his eyes.

If Qi Yue does not kneel, perhaps Yan Lan would think that he has committed an offense.

“General Qi, please get up. I believe the General already knows why this Prince is here. You and I should quickly enter the tent to discuss properly.” Yan Lan pretended to panic and hurriedly helped Qi Yue up. The two of them entered the military tent together.

Once Qi Yue saw Yan Lan’s expression, he knew what the Third Prince was thinking, but Qi Yue did not care. The imperial people always think more than others, especially when Emperor Hongming was in confinement and the court was in turmoil.

For the battle for the throne, Qi Yue does not have any plans. He is the Northern General and will have his roots at the border later in life. He has no contact with the princes, so whoever becomes the Emperor is irrelevant to him.

However, he had always repaid the kindness of a drop of water with a spring. Emperor Hongming had helped him a lot when he was young, so Qi Yue would listen to Emperor Hongming’s orders at this time. He would support whoever Emperor Hongming wanted to establish as the crown prince.

In addition, he already knew from the news sent by Emperor Hongming that the Eldest Prince Yan Sa had even placed Emperor Hongming under check and took control of the Imperial Guard. Thinking of this, Qi Yue could not help but frown.

This time, I’m afraid he needs to make a trip back to the capital personally.

“General Qi, you do not know, my elder brother, he actually……” Yan Lan sat at the table and confided in Qi Yue. He sighed as he said, “I also did not expect my elder brother to actually do such an unfilial thing. ”

“The Third Prince does not need to worry. Those who violate the law will be punished. I will deploy three squads and horses to quickly send you back to the capital.” Qi Yue did not care to listen to the Third Prince’s ramblings. He acted promptly and immediately sent a military officer to issue the general order and arrange for the follow-up.

“Only three teams?” Yan Lan faintly frowned, “My elder brother is in control of the entire Imperial Guard, as well as the City Guards……”

Hearing Yan Lan’s words, Qi Yue didn’t do too much explaining and only said, “Three teams are enough. Besides, we have to hurry, and it is not good to alert and provoke the attention of the Grand Prince.”

Qi Yue has already started to reorganize his team and will bring Yan Lan back to the capital the next day.

Even at such a moment when the Emperor was captured, and he had to go to escort him, this man remained calm. It was as if various matters were now just going through their routine work and could not disturb his mind at all.

Qing Yun is also quite busy in the palace these days. Although he did not intercept Yan Lan midway, he was definitely not about to let him return to the capital smoothly.

After reading today’s memo, Qing Yun leaned back in his chair and rubbed his brow. The court lady behind him wanted to help him rub his shoulders, but he waved his hand and refused.

After counting the days since he came here, Qing Yun half-closed his eyes and said to Chen Bing, who was waiting at the side, “Send the news to the Second Prince that the Emperor is imprisoned and the Third Prince has the holy decree in his hands.”