[*Chapter Forty-Five*]

Começar do início

"Anna and Pearl left not long before you had arrived and dropped off this. I'm just as confused as you are. Pearl said Johnathan Gilbert was enthusiastic about his inventions and confided in her that he had created a detection device meant to track down the town's vampire element," Damon explained.

Darcy looked up at him, the space between her brows scrunching. "Like Jeremy's pocket watch?" she glanced back down at the device sitting in her lap. "But this isn't the pocket watch."

Damon clicked his fingers. "That's what I thought and originally what it turned out to be, yes. But that's not what Pearl stole. The night Johnathan took the vampires, Pearl had seen the watch in Johnathan's hand, and the diel pointed to her... and capoosh she's captured."

"So, what's this? Because this is undoubtedly no watch, just a box with some weird looking metal spinning things."

"I have no idea, but Pearl said it's ours to keep," Damon shrugged, snatching the box off Darcy and placing it back into the drawer. He turned around as Darcy opened her mouth to speak, but he cut her off before the words could flow out. "I know what you're gonna say next... What's the catch? Why would she willingly hand it over?"

"Please enlighten me," Darcy nodded and crossed her arms, leaning back into her seat.

Damon walked back over and tugged on her arms, pulling her up off the couch, so she was standing and looking up at him. "There is no catch, apparently. Anna wants to stay in Mystical Falls, meaning Pearl also wants to stay. Her last words were 'consider this an apology'."

"Well, you can tell her, she can shove her precious apology up her arse," Darcy scoffed and moved out of his grip and stepping to his side. "You honestly don't believe that crap, right? Not after what her minions had done to Stefan, and look how is his now. His suffering because Elena felt forced to feed him his blood. No way am I forgiving her for shit."

Darcy paused, watching as Damon's head snapped in the direction of the stairs. "What is it?"

Damon glanced at her, his face wincing. "Looks like our dear Stefan is finally awake. Are you ready, 'cause It's not gonna be pretty?"

Darcy straightened up before a smirk made its way onto her scarlet lips. "Oh, do I get to meet Stefan's other half, finally?" Damon nodded, mirroring her expression. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go," She said, grinning and spinning on her heels.

She cut across the lounge in a few steps and lingered at the bottom of the stairs. "Oh, you might want to fetch my bag from my car," she added before darting to the first level of the Boarding House and pausing outside Stefan's bedroom.

"That's what the blood makes you," Elena's mumbled voice sounded through the door.

"The blood brings out what's inside of me, and if you think any differently, then you're an idiot."

"I know this isn't you, Stefan."

The wooden slats creaked, whom Darcy knew without a doubt Stefan was pacing around the room and pictured him running his hands through his hair, face twisted with agitation.

"I wanted to drain every ounce of blood from that girl's body."

"No. I don't believe that. Do you know why?" Elena's voice questioned.

"No. I don't want to know anything right now. What I want is for you to leave."

"Too bad. I think you're lying to yourself. You say you would have drained the blood from Amber's body, yet you stopped yourself when Darcy arrived."

More creaking sounded along with a grunt releasing as his steps picked up.

"Yeah. Look how well that turned out... I wanted to tear out her throat after she stabbed me with the stake, and if it weren't for Bonnie and the vervain, I would have."