Epilogue

A Year Later.....

It had been a year since Sakshi and Nikhil's divorce. There have been times where Sakshi missed Nikhil more than anything but she always comforts herself by telling that Nikhil is doing fine without her anyway. Just like Nikhil, she needs to be doing well. Her advice to herself.

Sakshi was getting herself ready for work when Damini barged into her room with a picture of a boy. Like how Sakshi normally does, she didn't even bother to look at the picture which annoyed the hell out of Damini.

"At least have one glance at the picture of Sakshi. He is an engineer in Muscat.
I'm sure you will like him, he is better than Nikhil in all aspect" Damini explained. Sakshi gave her mom an, 'are you serious?' look to Damini and rolled her eyes. Sakshi kept on objecting to a second marriage because in a way she was punishing herself. She wanted to punish herself for being disloyal to Nikhil. For ruining the bond between her and Arpana and most importantly for supporting her brother even when she was aware of the cruel acts he was going to commit.

"What is your plan then? To live as a single woman all your life? You are ruining your life for someone who has probably moved on by now! If you still love him this much then why did you give consent for divorce? Don't forget he is the murderer of your brother. I will never forgive Nikhil for that" Damini scolded Sakshi.

"Ma... I did love him, I still do. But I am no longer 'in love' with Nikhil. We had a great time when we were together. We made memories that won't be erased from my mind but when too much damage has happened to our relationship, mainly because of you and I, time to say goodbye to each other approached. We did try to put the broken pieces of our relationship together but it no longer fitted as one.
Just because we divorced, it doesn't mean I wish him pain or sadness. I just wish him all the best in life. I'm sure he will find another girl very soon and love will hit him once again, when that stage comes by I will just pray for him and her and for their relationship to work out. I just hope that girl won't make the mistake I made.

Of course the heart ache will remain there of what we could have been...
But I know it's better off this way because we're both smiling and back to being friends, exactly where we started." Sakshi finished with a huge fake grin. "Also, Vihan did not die because of Nikhil, he died due to his cruel deeds," Sakshi explained.

Damini stared at her daughter as she left to work and cursed herself finally for raising a son who did nothing but evil to others. Even his sister had to sacrifice her life because of him and now the burden of his child was given to Sakshi as well.

"I love you" she sent
"I love you more" he replied

Tears rolled down Sakshi's cheeks after reading their old chats once again on the way to her work. Some love stories are meant to be like this, not even fate can change it.

...........

After that incident with Shradda in Arpana's hotel, Shradda and Nikhil met once again in another hotel to attend a dinner party which was hosted by Devi and Madhav for all their family and friends.

Flashback - Shradda's POV

Thank God, mom and Shree (my sister) went to Hyderabad to attend a family wedding. If they were here they wouldn't have allowed me to attend this party as they don't know anyone over there.

After draping myself into a light pink saree and tying my hair in a low bun, I went to the venue by auto rickshaw. It was mainly Devi and Madhav's family there and a few of our common friends. Ah I forgot to mention my boss Arpana ma'am was there too, dressed in an elegant blue dress looking so classy.

As the diner progressed, a young, tall man with masculine features entered the hall. To check if it actually was Nikhil, I put my glasses on, yes it was Nikhil.
I quickly looked down because the incident between us that day made me feel a bit awkward. I wasn't ready to forgive him as well!