Chapter 7

Author’s POV....

Arpana opened her eyes and wondered if it's still midnight or early in the morning because her room was still dark. Arpana slowly picked her phone up and checked the time. It was 6:30am. She didn't have work today and was in no rush because it was a Sunday!!

Sundays are the most boring days of Arpana's life. She has nothing to do on Sundays and because of that her mind always gets occupied with Vihan's and her unborn child's thoughts. Still feeling lazy, Arpana got out of her bed and stood on the balcony for some time. It was raining heavily.

She hates rain... She lost everything on a rainy day.... She just went inside her room, thinking about her pathetic life.

After completing Arpana's morning chores, she went downstairs to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. In half an hour, she made some traditional South Indian breakfast and made some coffee for Arjun and tea for herself. To be honest, Arpana finds life with Arjun is not that bad. I mean even though it's been a few months after her marriage and he was away most of the time. She didn't expect to see him at all the other day. It was totally unexpected and therefore very awkward. However, he isn't as bad as she thought. He doesn't really interfere in her business and he mainly stays in his room.

"Breakfast is ready" Arpana told, seeing Arjun coming down the stairs in a pair of shorts, t-shirt and trainers.  "Oh actually I am going to the gym now" Arjun replied. "Have something lightly. It’s bad to work-out on an empty stomach" Arpana suggested to which he nodded. Arpana slowly served his coffee and breakfast and sat opposite him to have her own breakfast. Both of them completed their breakfast in silence. "Thank you for the breakfast" Arjun thanked Arpana and stood up holding his plate to wash it. "You can leave the plate in the sink. I'll wash it" Arpana suggested. However, Arjun denied it and said "no I like doing my things on my own" and went away.

"Why can't you cook your own breakfast then" Arpana muttered. Arjun acted like he didn’t hear her and went without saying a word to Arpana. Soon Arpana heard the sound of his car’s noise slowly fading out indicating that he was gone.

Arpana sighed and went back to the kitchen to complete her chores. Arpana had completed her chores soon as she didn’t have much to do. Therefore she sat down on the sofa not knowing what to do next. At first she thought of watching a movie, but she wasn't in the mood to watch one. Eventually Arpana decided to go to her favourite garden in which Vihan and Arpana had spent most of their time.

Lazily Arpana picked herself up and dressed into a kurti, leggings and matching dupatta and went to her favourite garden in her scooty. It has been a while since Arpana came here and seeing this place brought so many nostalgic memories...

****************

Flashback

"Vihan?"

"Yes Arpana?"

"You know when we move in together to our own house after our marriage, I want a garden like this..." 

"You want it this big?" Vihan asked his love.

"Maybe not this big but something like this" Arpana replied.

"We'll think about it!" Vihan said and then continued "we've got way more important things to talk about now"

"What important thing?"Arpana asked Vihan.