Chapter 8 (paining hearts)

Author’s POV.......

Deepak immediately left after apologising numerous times to Arpana as he was going to Chennai early in the morning for some business matters.

Just after Deepak left, she heard some strange noises from Arjun's room. Arpana rushed to his room panicking but he was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly Arpana's eyes caught Arjun standing in the washroom puking his guts out. Arpana immediately went and rubbed his back. "F**K off" Arjun screamed, making Arpana jump. But she didn't let it bother her. She stood there and tried to help him. When he finished, she even cleaned everything for him.

"You’re the reason for everything!! Why the f**k did you come into my life?" Arjun said in a very slurred way indicating he is still under the influence of alcohol.

"Arjun what did I do? Am I the reason why you drank?" Arpana asked Arjun in the same tone as him.

"Yes!! You are. Why did you agree to marry me?" Arjun blurted out.

"Arjun, if Sakshi hadn't run away, you would have married her right? You would have married someone either way for goodness sake" Arpana explained.

"No you’re wrong. Before our marriage, I had confessed to Sakshi that I will never be able to marry her as Anjali is still in my heart. Sakshi had told me that she is in love with someone else as well. Everything that happened that day was our plan. It was supposed to be an escape route for both of us. But Arpana, you came into it and ruined everything!!!" Arjun roared in anger.

Arpana stood there numb. She didn't know how to react to the new revelations. "Look Arjun, I didn't want to marry you either. Do you know how many pieces my heart broke into that day when I got married to you? If you f**king want a divorce then go ahead. It'll be a relief to me to get out of this horrible life as well" Arpana shouted and walked away from him but she got stopped by him.

"Where are you going?" Arjun asked Arpana, clutching her hands tightly.

"Arjun leave me" Arpana told him.

"No you deserve some kind of punishment for everything you did right? You have some duties as a wife to satisfy me and my needs" Arjun told her under the influence of the alcohol.

"Arjun, please stop being so cheap. If you force me into anything today, then believe me. I will never be able to forgive you and you'll pay a huge price" Arpana told him, trying to free herself from his hands.

"Shut up! You’re nothing compared to Anjali but you need some sort of punishment" Arjun said and slammed his lips onto hers and started kissing her. Arpana tried to push him using all her strength to free herself but her strength was nothing compared to his.

"Why, you are trying to leave me? I'm rich right and good looking also I believe. So why can't you satisfy my needs?" Arjun asked Arpana. She was shocked hearing such a cheap thing from Arjun's mouth therefore she slapped him as hard as possible. Arjun's face turned all red in anger so he pushed her on the bed.

Arjun had completely lost it now. More than the influence of alcohol, lust and rage filled him. He clutched her hairs tightly and started kissing her even more roughly making both of them breathless.

Please stop

Don't do this to me Arjun....

Please God help me...

Tears were streaming down Arpana's eyes. She wished her Vihan was here. He has never done anything like this with her before. In fact her consent was the most important thing to him. Arjun was just so cheap in Arpana's eyes that she hated him very much now!!

Arpana's mouth felt very dry. Due to all the pain and pressure she felt helpless. Eventually making her feel more shocked, Arjun put his hands through her t-shirt and started going up.  It even scared her more when Arjun touched the ends of her bra!!!
Using all her strength Arpana screamed "Arjun, leave me". Some sense of reality kicked into Arjun at this time. Immediately he lost grip of her. Using this time wisely, Arpana stood up from the bed, opened the door and ran to her room and locked the door. She dropped herself on her bed and cried hard by clutching onto Vihan's picture.

"I miss you Vihan!! If you were here, I wouldn't have gone through all this. Please come back Vihan!! Get me out of this hell" Arpana cried and cried until no more tears were left. She couldn't sleep all night. She was shivering in fear clutching tightly onto Vihan's picture.

Finally, it was morning. She didn't sleep all night. After reflecting for a little, she came to a conclusion to leave as she has had enough. Arpana slowly got up from the bed and immediately what happened yesterday started flashing across her mind. She clutched the sheets tightly and then wiped away her tears.

I am strong...

The sunshine has lost its brightness today. Arpana thought sitting on a chair on the balcony after a warm shower.
Arpana had goose bumps due to the chilly morning therefore. She wrapped herself with her dupatta. Stretching her arms and closing her eyes for a second, Arpana remembered all those beautiful days she had spent with Vihan. There has not been a single day where Arpana has not thought of Vihan.

Where might he be now?

What might be he doing?

Is he watching me?

I miss you Vihan.... Why am I living here without you?

How perfect everything was? How happy we were? Why did you leave me Vihan? Why? Tell me why?

Arpana could feel his presence now with her eyes closed. She was able to feel his presence now in the cold wind. Arpana smiled for a second and opened her eyes immediately. A tear rolled down her eyes when the reality hit her that it is just an imagination.

Extreme thoughts were crossing Arpana's mind now.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the house in Arjun's room, he was sitting on his bed deeply regretting what happened yesterday. He is not such a low person. He never intended to hurt Arpana.

He doesn't have the guts to face her....

The incidents which happened yesterday led him to getting drunk and acting so low in front of Arpana. Arjun remembers everything so well. Even though he was very drunk, his memory of what happened with Arpana was still fresh in his mind.

Anjali must be so disappointed in me...

I'm sorry Anjali. I didn't mean to hurt Arpana. I’m sorry.

.............................................

Firstly I'm apologising guys for bringing a negative shade in Arjun ...

What do you all think of this chapter ?

Will Arpana leave Arjun ?

How might Arjun react when he comes back to his senses ?

Please do leave a vote and comment if you liked it :)