Chapter 33

A Few days later.....

Days were moving on in a blur. And as each day went on Arpana and Arjun were getting closer and understanding each other better, meaning their bond was getting stronger. In a few hours time, it was Arpana's birthday. Arjun had been a little nervous about it but excited at the same time. When Anjali was alive, every single year Arjun would throw a lavish party for her. He never got anything in return but he wasn't expecting anything so it was okay because at that time, only her happiness mattered to him.
But Arpana was different compared to Anjali. She wasn't interested in partying or in a lavish lifestyle. She only wants a simple life and she is the type of person who finds happiness in little things. Therefore, Arjun decided to make it simple but memorable for Arpana.

Luckily, Arpana decided to have a late night today. She was watching something on TV in Arjun's room. Arpana had tried her best to convince Arjun to watch the film with her but he pretended he had to write a report regarding his recent flight, still Arpana nagged but Arjun didn't listen. Arpana knew very well it was her birthday tomorrow but she didn't say it as she wanted to test Arjun.
Just when the clock struck 12, Arjun slowly walked into Arpana's room holding a beautiful red velvet cake and a little bag. Arjun smiled as he noticed her sleeping just like a baby whilst the film was running in the background. Arjun slowly turned the TV off and sat next to Arpana on her bed. After a few seconds of watching her, Arjun gently shook her and called her name till she woke up whilst caressing her forehead. Slowly Arpana opened her eyes and immediately Arjun wished her. "Happy Birthday Arpana. May all your dreams come true". Just when Arjun said that, Arpana's eyes watered. She sat up on the bed and hugged Arjun as tightly as possible. "Thank you Arjun! I love you so much" she said still in disbelief as her inner voice told her it's just a dream.

"You're absolutely welcome, my lady! Look what I got for you!" Arjun said and got a beautiful diamond ring out from the bag. It was a small but elegant ring.
Arpana's eyes widened after seeing the ring. "It's beautiful!" Arpana whispered.
To that Arjun replied, "I never got the opportunity to propose to my lady neither did we get engaged before marriage. Therefore, let it symbolize all". Then Arjun knelt down next to the bed holding Arpana's hands and said "Arpana, once again, on your birthday, I am promising to give myself to you. By that I mean in every aspect. I promise to inspire and encourage you to laugh and laugh with you and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and bad. When life seems easy and when it seems hard. When our love is simple and when it requires extra effort.

I promise to cherish you. And to always hold you in highest regard. These are the things I want to give you today, tomorrow and the rest of our lives.

And finally let me say this again Arpana. I LOVE YOU! Will you be my wife? "

Tears were streaming down Arpana's eyes just when Arjun finished what he was saying. "Arjun, I'm already your wife. I already love you immensely". As she said that, Arpana stood from the bed and knelt next to Arjun and hugged him tightly as she cried. Arjun was always beating her in everything. Whether it was in love or generally just in anything.

Arjun then gently lifted Arpana's head from his chest and then wiped away her tears. "I had initially thought of doing this during our first anniversary but unfortunately we couldn't celebrate it but I wanted to make your birthday even special so I guess it worked for the better. So here I am". Arjun then slid the diamond ring onto her delicate finger and placed a kiss on it.

"This is beautiful!" Arpana exclaimed as she stroked the pretty ring as another lone tear escaped her eyes. Arjun wiped away the tears and in an authoritative tone said that "tears aren't allowed darling" And then Arjun announced "Time to cut the cake!!" Again it was an elegant cake, not too simple but not too extra at the same time.
As Arpana blew the candles, she wished this happiness and joy to remain forever. After cutting the cake, Arpana and Arjun fed the cake to each other.

"Thank you, Arjun! This moment is so precious. Thank you for giving me a beautiful memory to cherish forever. This cake, this ring and your promises all made this day extra special for me and made me the happiest girl in the world. No one has celebrated my birthday this way. This has been so far the best birthday" she thanked him.

"You are just an amazing darling. You deserve all the happiness in this world because you deserve it". Arjun said as he cupped her face and admired it. He then looked at her lips. She instantly understood that this night is going to be a very long one and a special one.
"Happy birthday once again Arpana" Arjun wished her as he held her waist and pulled her closer to him until there was no gap for even air. Arpana got immersed in him whilst he felt a strong desire to make her his today.

ONLY HIS....

Suddenly, through the opened windows, a gentle breeze came but it had no effect on them as they were already getting warm from each other's body heat.

Slowly Arjun lifted Arpana's face and cupped it and gently started sucking her lower lip which turned out to be a beautiful, passionate kiss. Arjun was dominating the kiss but Arpana did not mind it as she was enjoying each and every moment.
Arjun then wrapped his hands around Arpana's shoulders and started raising her t-shirt. Realizing what Arjun was doing, Arpana quickly jumped back and hit the wall, she did it not because she didn't want it but because she started feeling shy.

"Are you not ready for Arpana?" Arjun asked nervously thinking he went a bit too far. Arjun expected her to say No but surprisingly, Arpana nodded her head and buried her face in Arjun's chest making Arjun's lips curled into a naughty smile.
He then stroked her hair and assured her that "I'm happy to wait an eternity for you Arpana. However, I do not want to delay it if it's only because you are shy".
"I'm r-ready... Arjun" Arpana announced whilst stuttering in between.
Soon Arjun's soft lips crashed on his wife's. Closing the gap and Strengthening the knot forever, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death split them apart.

That night they explored the other side of love. They officially consummated their marriage, making owning each other forever. 

..............

So here is the next chapter.
This was one of the shortest chapters in the book but the one which took me ages to finish writing. I am still not satisfied with it so I'm sorry if I haven't met your expectations ...

They've finally consummated ! Meaning they have sealed their marriage and made it more stronger.

The story will be turning into a different direction from the next chapter. Please do support me

And finally if you have enjoyed this chapter please do let me know ! Any suggestions/improvements will be welcomened as well.
I know many of you wanted me to add more mature scenes, if possible I will try and add it in the future chapters.

Thank you once again. Please do give me feedback ...