Chapter 18

Please do vote and comment if you liked the chapter !

Soon a doctor came out of the room "who is Arpana's husband?" The doctor asked, looking at Deepak and Arjun. "I'm Arpana's husband, Arjun" he replied.

"Mr Arjun, Arpana is in a critical stage. She has lost a lot of blood in the accident also. Her body is very weak. So, without delaying we need to operate Arpana. We can't promise you that she'll come back healthy after this operation because her body is very weak and we don't know how her body will take it. But...... there is no other option, 60% is Arpana's recovery rate. So Mr Arjun, for us to proceed, we need your permission. Are you ready to give consent?" Dr Meera asked Arjun.

There wasn't an option other than to go ahead with the operation. Therefore, Arjun nodded.
"Okay, thank you Mr Arjun. The nurse will take you to my consultation room now for you to sign the consent papers" Arjun nodded as he was leaving for the doctor’s office but Arpana’s father Mr Indrajith stopped him.

Arjun looked at her father confused, "I don't want Arpana to be operated on!!" He said.

"What?" Arjun said, shocked.

"Yes, I'm her father. I have the right to make decisions about my daughter" he said tightening his fists.

"Uncle, she must be operated" Deepak interfered, trying to convince Arpana's father.

"No means, no. This is my final decision" Indrajith said.

"Can someone please explain the consequences to Arpana's father? Arjun please come quick, I will be in my consultation room" the doctor said and left the area feeling so frustrated and annoyed at Arpana's father.

Arjun shot a death glare at Indrajith and turned around to go and sign the papers. "Arjun, stop. I said stop" Indrajith shouted.

"Why?" Arjun screamed, losing his patience.

"Because I don't want you to sign the papers" Indrajith screamed back.

"Indrajith! Stop talking nonsense!! Arpana is in a critical stage. Show some mercy to your daughter instead of utilising this moment for your personal revenge" Arpana's mother entered the scene and tried to knock some sense into Indrajith, only to be slapped by him.

"Stop your f**king madness" Deepak said, feeling extremely annoyed at him, firstly for trying to prevent Arpana's operation and secondly for slapping a woman.

Arjun tightened his fists and turned around to leave. He had no time left to tolerate Indrajith's nonsense. But like a crazy man, Indrajith ran behind Arjun and wrapped his hands around Arjun not letting him to leave. "I'm her father, I will decide about what is gonna happen with my daughter"

Due to anger, Arjun pushed Indrajith hard, making him drop to the ground. "If you're her f****g father, then I'm her husband. I have more rights than you. I will decide what happens to my wife. Not you! If I see you when I come back, then you won't go home alive. So get lost Indrajith" Arjun screamed and left to sign the consent papers.

Once Arjun had signed the consent papers, the doctor came up to Arjun and said, "Arpana's is a little bit conscious, if you want you can go and see her now. But make sure not to strain the patient so we don’t have a problem while operating her". The doctor suggested to which Arjun nodded.