Chapter 29

Arpana was looking out of the window when Arjun entered the room. As he approached her, he hugged her tightly from behind and buried his head on the crook of her neck. It was unexpected for Arpana but she did not mind it.

"Thank you Arpana! Thank you for everything!!" Arjun said as he slowly turned her around. Arjun then hugged her as tightly as possible. An instant smile appeared on her face as she returned the hug. Arjun then buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"I am regaining everything I once lost due to my foolishness. All these years, I avoided my mother as much as I could and hurted her to the core. I then spent the last few days in guilt, pain and embarrassment thinking how much I hurt my mother. My guilt and anger prevented me from apologising to her and if you did not convince or encourage me, then I wouldn't have apologised to her. Thank you Arpana! Thank you so much for making me understand how a mother's love is the most unconditional and purest form of love" Arjun said, hugging Arpana even tighter, not allowing an inch of gap in between them.

"I'm happy Arjun that you and your mother finally resolved all your issues. Even though I have only been Revathy Ma's daughter-in-law for a short while, she loved me and treated me much better than how my ex mother-in-law treated me" Arpana said slowly releasing herself from Arjun's grip.

"You mean Vihan's mother?" Arjun asked his wife even though he knew the answer.

"Yes, Vihan's mother. She was against me marrying Vihan because of how I was from a different caste. Not once did she give me peace until I became pregnant with her Grandchild. As I've told you about those incidents before, She blamed me and my unborn child brutally for his death, I mean his "fake death". A few months later I went through a miscarriage and I was taunted for the loss of my child as well. Her actions were so inhuman and shocking to Arjun. I want to meet her one last time and ask her what justification she can give now for what she did to me. I want to know whether she knew about her son's master plan or she was as clueless as I. Because he was so close to his mother and used to tell everything to her" Arpana said sadly.

"Probably she will come up with other ways to frame you for Vihan's actions. Her actions were appalling and disgusting. However, it's better not to think about that cruel lady and her son. Karma will pay her and her son back for all the pain and agony they made you and I go through Arpana. But I am thankful to her for one reason" Arjun said as he gently placed his hands on Arpana's shoulders, his words making her frown up in confusion.

"What reason? " Arpana asked curiously.

"For bringing you and I together. I mean even though it wasn't positive for both of us at that time, she did play a part in bringing us together" he replied.

"Arjun, I have a doubt about something?" Arpana replied knitting her eyebrows together.

"About what?" asked Arjun.

"What do you think about our marriage? " Arpana asked Arjun.

"Well, we were both forced into this but I believe the bond is slowly turning into something special now..." Arjun replied with a big smile. Arpana too smiled but it wasn't what meant to ask.

"I did not mean in that way Arjun ! If you think about it somewhere the things happening in our lives are linked. For example, think about Vihan and Anjali. I just can't think that our marriage was a coincidence. There is something or someone behind it, Arjun!! Think about it. Someone must have played a game to bring us together" Arpana said convincingly.

Arjun stood there in silence and thought for a second. Arjun then remembered what Deepak had said earlier about his and Arpana's marriage. "Umm Arpana, actually Deepak did mention that he had to tell me something about our marriage. He told me he will reveal about it soon though and I was not in my right mind to ask him further" Arjun replied slightly scared of what she thinks about this.