Chapter 44

"Congratulations Mr Arjun! You have been blessed with a little baby girl" Dr Samira said joyfully coming out of the operation theater.
As soon as Arjun heard this, he jumped out from his seat, tears filling his eyes. No words were coming out from his mouth in disbelief and shock. Eventually, Arjun managed to say "how are Arpana and our baby Doctor?"

"Both Arpana and the baby are fine. Arpana has not woken up yet due to the sedation. And your baby has been taken to be cleaned, weighed and for them to do the necessary tests. We were worried in the beginning because contractions were going on and off but the labor wasn't progressing and out of the blue, Arpana started to bleed. This is why we wanted to deliver the baby through C-Section. With the grace of God, both Arpana and your baby girl are safe and sound" Dr Samira said reassuringly.

Finally Arjun took a deep breath... At last he was relieved.

"When will I be able to see Arpana and our baby?" Arjun asked curiously because he was so eager to see his wife and child now.

"Arpana will be moved to the ward in an hour or so along with your child. As soon as we transfer them, we'll let you know" Dr Samira explained.

"Thanks a lot Doctor" Arjun said to Dr Samira to which she smiled.

Sometime later, the doctor came out once again "we have moved Arpana to a small room. If you take that door over there, you'll be able to see her" and before Dr Samira could complete her sentence, Arjun sprinted and opened the door with heavy force but immediately Arjun came to a stop seeing the sight in front of him.

Followed by Arjun, his mum, dad, Deepak and Neria too came in. What they saw was Arpana sleeping and next to her, a tiny baby who was wrapped in a thick white cloth was too sleeping peacefully.

Arjun slowly walked to the bed where Arpana and the baby were. In order to hold his emotions, Arjun bit on his fingers. His eyes were starting to water as he stared at his wife and the symbol of their love, who was lying beside Arpana.

Arjun bent down and placed a gentle kiss on Arpana's forehead. A tear rolled down his eyes waking Arpana.
"Arjun..." she managed to say.

Arjun then knelt to the floor and looked at his little princess. "So like your wish, it's a baby Diya" Arjun said, glancing towards Arpana's direction.

"No, not baby Diya. Baby orange" Arpana said whilst kissing on her baby's forehead, Arjun chuckled, tears brimmed in everyone's eyes at the sight of them. It was indeed a feast for the eyes.

Arjun wiped away the remaining tears using his sleeves then carefully took baby 'Diya' to his arms.

"She's.... she's so little Arpana and beautiful..." Arjun said whilst staring at his daughter.

"She is," Arpana replied. Arpana was still in pain but her pain was nothing compared to the sight in front of her. Already she was able to tell that this father and daughter duo is going to share an amazing bond.

.........

Just like that 6 weeks had passed after Diya's arrival. Arpana has almost healed and recovered from the c-section. Once Arpana was released from the hospital, she stayed with her in-laws with Diya for two weeks then returned to her own house as Arpana's father Ram and Radika were coming from Rajasthan to see little Diya.

Devi and Lalitha stayed with Arpana for a few weeks until Ram and Radika arrived. The ice had melted between Ram and Radika now and they have finally returned to their old selves, when they arrived, they brought Diya so many gifts that even Arpana lost count of them.

"Arjun, where's Radika ma? It's time to give Diya a bath" Arpana asked as she handed over Diya to Arjun after feeding Diya to button up her blouse.

"I think she went to have a shower. It's fine, we can bathe her."