Chapter 24

Author’s POV………

Arpana opened the door as soon as the doorbell rang. Surprisingly it was Lakshmi Prasad and her team came to arrest Manoj. (Lakshmi was the police officer who was investigating Anjali's death)

"Where is he?" Lakshmi asked.

"We have locked him in the bathroom madam" Arjun told Lakshmi.

"Okay, please direct me" Lakshmi said to which Arjun nodded.

As they were going upstairs, they were able to hear Manoj's scream. "F**king get me out! You will pay for this Arpana" Manoj screamed and kept on banging the door as hard as possible.

"He is in here madam" Arjun told Lakshmi pointing at the bathroom.

"Okay" Lakshmi replied.

Lakshmi then prepared her colleagues. As he had a knife with him, the team took precautionary measures to capture him without harming anyone. Once they were prepared, Lakshmi opened the door. Manoj's eyes nearly popped seeing the police, ready to arrest him. Manoj picked up the knife and started threatening them to kill them if they approached him. Lakshmi was trained to deal with this sort of stuff, so she managed it easily. They then chained his hands together and walked him to the police car. "You both will f**king pay for it. I won't spare you two!!" Manoj screamed. Arpana was shaking watching the scene in front of her. Arjun wrapped his hands around her and comforted her.
Soon the police were gone with Manoj.

In the police station

It was 4:30 pm now. It has been 2 hours since they have brought Manoj into the police station. He was put into an empty cell.

Lakshmi slowly opened Manoj's cell. He was lying on the floor with his eyes half closed.

Lakshmi cleared her throat to get Manoj's attention. Seeing Lakshmi, he immediately stood up. She then pulled a chair and gestured him to sit down. Manoj nodded obediently and sat down opposite to Lakshmi.

"So Mr Manoj, let’s come straight to the point. Why did you break into Arjun's House?" Lakshmi asked.

Manoj did not say anything. He sat there quietly not bothering to look up.

Lakshmi waited patiently for a few minutes but Manoj was not opening his mouth. He was testing her patience. Eventually Lakshmi lost all her patience and she slapped on the table hard, making Manoj jump. "Manoj, look up and answer my question. Why did you break into Arjun's House?" she asked him angrily.

"I am in love with Arpana. I went there because she wanted to see me" from his body language, it became very clear to Lakshmi that he was lying. She has seen plenty of criminals in her life and she knows when they lie very easily.

"Your call history does not support your statement" Lakshmi replied showing him the call history.

"We contact each other through landline" Manoj said rolling his blood shot eyes.

"Oh really? So if you are in love with Arpana, then why did you open Anjali's suitcase and steal her phone?" Lakshmi asked Manoj. His eyes widened in shock. He was not expecting this. "Manoj, tell me the truth. I already checked the phone and got to know many matters. So don’t try to deny it. I do not have much time to waste, so tell me the truth" Lakshmi said as she stood up from her chair and walked closer to him.