Chapter 32

Author's POV.....

Many months had passed after that incident. Manoj and Indrajith were still in jail. Indrajith regretted each and every action of him. Money made him greedy and got him up to a point where he wanted to kill his daughter. When his own daughter Devi, stood against him, his adopted daughter, whom he wanted to kill, tried to protect him.

Arpana was slowly healing from it by making peace with her past, that is with Lalitha and Indrajith.
Meanwhile, Arjun had resumed his work. He had gone for a good few weeks meaning, he missed his first wedding anniversary with his wife. Meanwhile, Arpana had to let go of her previous job at the college. She had applied for a few jobs as a data analyst. She was waiting for them to call for an interview.

Today Arpana was planning a surprise for Arjun to make up for their anniversary which they never got to celebrate. Other than confessing their love for each other, they never took the next step in their marriage. Arpana was ready for it however, Arjun was adamant that they understand each other first before consummating their marriage. However, Arpana's plan was all to be in vain because Arjun rang her earlier and informed her to get ready for his cousin, Siddharth's wedding reception. They had a destination wedding in Italy. So Arjun and his family couldn't make it. Arjun had informed Arpana about it a long time ago but she had forgotten about it.

It was 6 in the evening. Arjun still hadn't reached which tensed Arpana a little bit. However, she decided to get ready in a white saree. She then let her hair loose, applied make-up and adorned some jewellery. Finally, she picked up her nuptial chain and wore it with a smile and applied the sindoor again with a smile. Just when she got ready, she felt two pairs of hands snaking around her waist. After realising who it was, Arpana's heartbeat increased it's phase. She felt a fluttering feeling in her stomach. Suddenly Arpana turned around and looked at Arjun. He looked very tired, his hair was so messy but just the way he smiled at her awoke the hidden feelings she had for him. Maybe it is the happiness of seeing him after so long that she could not hold back her tears. Not once in Arpana's life did she think she would love someone else other than Vihan but, sometimes life is like that it goes in the most unexpected ways.

"You're finally back!!" Arpana said as she brushed his hair gently using her fingers. Arpana doesn't know why but she always felt different seeing him in his uniform. "Yes, I'm back," Arjun replied.

"Shall I heat some food from the refrigerator? You look so weak and tired" Arpana asked him, very concerned.
"Aha it is not because I'm tired. Coming back to ground after spending so much time on a plane which is in a pressurised cabin made me look this way" Arjun said chuckling. Arpana too chuckled "get fresh then, don't we need to go soon?" Arpana asked him. "Nah!! I can't be bothered now, let's chill together here" Arjun said as he naughtily snaked his hands through Arpana's saree to her waist.
Arpana hit his hand playfully and said "we don't have enough time to romance! We don't want to disappoint Siddharth now. Do we? Also all your family is waiting for you" Arpana scolded Arjun.
Arjun groaned in frustration and then said "It's your entire fault! Seeing you in this attire has made it hard for me to control or to leave you alone."

"You're so childish, Arjun!! Go freshen up and get yourself into your suit. Go now!" Arpana said, as she went downstairs away from Arjun because Arpana knew very well that if she remained with Arjun, they both would end up missing the reception.

Soon they reached the reception hall, it was a stunning place. After congratulating the bride and groom, Arpana joined Arjun's family. Because Neria and Arpana didn't know many people in that place they remained stuck with Arjun's mother who introduced her daughter-in-laws to many extended family and friends. "And Veena, this is Arpana and Neria. They are my daughter-in-laws'. Both their weddings were a small affair, so we couldn't really invite many people"
Arpana and Neria smiled politely to the different aunties they were introduced to whilst partially feeling bored.