Chapter 16

Hello everyone, I'm back with a new chapter. Please do feedback on this chapter, it'll motivate me a lot to continue writing !

Days were passing on like a blur. Over the last few days, Manoj's actions have only got worse. He even came to Arpana's house but seeing him Arpana did not open the door.

Arjun had not rang or texted her once after he had left, everything was getting overwhelming for Arpana.

As it was a study holiday due to the examinations, Arpana did not go to college today so she woke up quite late.

After eating some toast, Arpana seated herself on the dining table and started doing some college work. After some time, she heard her phone ringing. She saw Arjun's number on the screen. Arpana decided not to answer it. It's been so many days since Arjun left and he did not leave a message or called to see if she was okay after that.

You didn't try either.  Arpana's mind mocked her.

As she was in her thoughts, Arpana saw her phone ringing again and surprisingly it was Arjun. She thought his pride would hurt him to call her again but he called proving her assumptions wrong. She decided not to answer it. Her heartbeat rose as the phone rang.

Arpana took a deep breath when the call ended but after a few seconds, Arjun again called her. This time Arpana decided to answer it...

"Hello" Arpana answered the call.

"Arpana" was the only thing he managed to say. Arjun wanted to say more but he couldn't think of anything other than her name.

"I am sorry" Arjun said quietly over the phone... He was deeply regretting his actions that day...

"I hate you" Arpana replied in anger.

"I know and I can understand" Arjun replied even though his heart was aching to hear those words. Hate was indeed a very strong word.

Tears slowly escaped from Arpana's eyes. Both of them didn't know what to say next. Hearing the sobs of Arpana through the phone Arjun said "I'm sorry Arpana, please don't cry. I reacted the way I did because I was not on my right frame of mind. Please forgive me" he requested but she did not say a word. Words were not coming out of her mouth.

Also, Arpana did not know why she was crying that too for someone who she does not want to become a part of her life and who she said she hated...

"I miss you" Arjun said, passing a wave of shock to her. He regretted what he said the next second. Mainly because of how he does not know how Arpana will take it...

Arpana froze for a second as well. The three words Arjun just said was making her go through a rollercoaster of emotions...
It was hard to say as neither of them knew how the other person is feeling...

Immediately Arpana ended the call.

Arjun threw his phone on his bed. He did not call her back but stared blankly at the wall. Currently Arjun was in London counting the days to go home.

. . . . . .

It has been 10 days since that melodramatic conversation. Not a single day has passed by without thinking of each other.