Chapter 1 - Is it fate ?

Author’s POV.........

After the long wait finally, Arpana is getting married to the love of her life. They started off as neighbours then they became best friends and even without realising, they fell in love. Neither Vihan nor Arpana ever confessed their love. Gradually as time went on both realised their feelings for each other.

It was when Vihan first got his job in the navy, they both realised how much they missed each other. When Vihan came back from the navy on his first leave, he informed Arpana that he wanted to be properly committed to her. That's how Vihan told his parents about the relationship between him and Arpana. Vihan's mom Damini and father Ashok said no instantly, mainly because she was from another cast and culture. In the same way, Arpana's parents were against this marriage too. They threatened Arpana with all sorts of things to try and make her back out from the relationship.

Arpana was in a house arrest for a long time. Her parents wouldn't allow her to see Vihan or even phone him. Vihan was ever so stressed when his leave finished and had to go back to the navy thinking about Arpana. He was very scared thinking whether her parents will force her into getting married to someone else. But luckily when he came for the next leave, he found out that they haven't got her married to anyone else.

Finally, when Vihan's parents got fed up, they agreed to get Arpana and Vihan married as Vihan was not agreeing to marry anybody else. Arpana's family only agreed when she started giving suicide threats. Due to certain beliefs. Vihan's mother checked both their horoscopes. Unfortunately, both of their horoscopes did not match at all. Even though Vihan's mother tried her best to convince Vihan out of this marriage, he remained stubborn. By this time, the relationship between Vihan and Arpana's families became bitter but for the sake of their children, they acted civil and got their children married.

                         ................
                   Vihan's and Arpana's
                      Wedding Day

March 15th 2014

It's the happiest day in Vihan's and Arpana's life. Finally, after facing so many obstacles, Arpana got married to the love of her life. Words are not enough to describe how happy she is. Arpana found the day to be magical. She was draped in a heavy pink saree and matching jewellery which was all gifted by Vihan. Their wedding consisted of both Tamil and Telugu rituals.

Throughout the day, Vihan helped her walk in her heavy saree and jewellery. Never in her life did Arpana felt so happy. Neither Arpana's nor Vihan's family were exactly happy but for the sake of their children, they pretended happiness.

Nevertheless, Arpana's and Vihan's marriage only lasted for 3 months. Just one month after their marriage, Vihan had to return to the Navy. A week after Vihan left Bangalore Arpana found out that she was 2 weeks pregnant; she informed the happy news to everyone. For once everyone was happy for her and Vihan; Even Damini who acted cold towards Arpana actually began showing love and attention towards her.

 For once everyone was happy for her and Vihan; Even Damini who acted cold towards Arpana actually began showing love and attention towards her