Chapter 31

Lalitha's eyes widened seeing her daughter standing at the entrance, in absolute agony. Tears were flowing from Arpana's eyes. What more can a person go through in life? In this young age, Arpana has gone through more than anyone could imagine. When will life give her happiness?

On the other hand, Arjun was angry with Arpana's biological parents and the people who adopted her. His breathing was rapid as his rage increased. 'Why are these people making this poor girl's life so difficult? What did Arpana do to deserve all this' Arjun thought. But he remained calm as he did not want to create a scene here. Arjun gently placed his hands on Arpana's shoulders and supported her. He asked himself mentally that when there will be a full stop to the pain and hurdles they are going through in life. Nikhil glanced at Arjun and Arpana's direction and prepared himself to arrest Indrajith. But before Nikhil could Handcuff up Indrajith's hands, Arpana stopped him.

"Sir, don't!!" She said, shocking everyone.

"Arpana, we have to arrest him. He was behind your murder attempt. And he was indirectly a part of Anjali's death as well" Nikhil said feeling partially annoyed. Who would react this way?

"Arpana, I don't think you're in the right frame of mind. Come let's go home, let the officer do his duty" Arjun suggested. But Arpana protested, "Arjun, I am in the right frame of mind!! I am forgiving someone who's not even sorry. That's STRENGTH!! That's strength!! It's not me being weak..." Arpana said as she cried. Arjun hugged her tightly because he knew very well that Arpana needed the hug right now.

Arjun shot a death glare at Indrajith making him look down immediately. Indrajith couldn't bear to face neither Arjun nor Arpana. "You should bow down and worship this girl who called you dad genuinely till now. Even now she doesn't want you to be arrested even after realising how disgusting your actions were" Arjun scolded Indrajith. The guilt was killing Indrajith from the inside. In this moment, he regretted everything he did!!

"Arpana, you can forgive or do whatever but I can't forgive this man. NEVER WILL I BE ABLE TO FORGIVE HIM" Devi interfered as she came closer to Nikhil. She then said "I can't forgive him for trying to kill my sister after pretending to love her like his own daughter. For the agony my sister is going through after hearing all these revelations and for domestic violence! YES you heard it right!! He has been physically attacking my mother and I, ever since Arpana married Arjun out of frustration. We didn't know the reason till now but now we understand why this man has been acting like an idiot all this time. Sir I don't care whether he's my father or not. I want him behind the bars. I'm ready to give my statement against him" Devi screamed. Arpana couldn't believe what her little sister was saying. Not once has she mentioned domestic violence, even after Arpana questioned her about some marks on her body that she saw a few months back when Devi visited to take care of her after the accident. No matter what the world says, Devi was Arpana's little sister, their bond will remain the same and no one will be able to change that.

Arpana didn't say anything because after hearing what Devi had to say, Arpana thought that he actually deserves to go behind the bars.

While everyone was watching, Nikhil handcuffs Indrajith's hands and arrests Indrajith. As the sound of the police car faded, Lalitha approached Arpana with tears streaming down her eyes. She gently placed her hands on Arpana's and looked at her eyes. "You are always my daughter... I have never seen you less than my Devi" and cried her heart out. Arpana was devastated seeing her mother cry like this however, Arpana was not in the correct state of mind to calm her mother down and say it was all okay.

"I know" Arpana said and she ran out of the house, opened the car door, sat down and cried releasing all her emotions she was trying to suppress till now. Arjun glanced at his mother-in-law and sister-in-law helplessly and followed Arpana towards the car. He opened the door to his side and glanced at a fully broken Arpana. He decided to leave her alone till she composed herself and drove back home.