Chapter 20

Please do vote and comment !! It'll motivate a lot ...

Author’s POV.....

Arjun and Arpana were going to Goa today for Deepak's wedding. His fiancé Neria was from Delhi. As she's a Christian, they are getting married in a Christian and a south Indian Hindu style beach wedding.

 They were engaged over a year ago. Neria is a fashion designer. She was one of Anjali's closest friends. Deepak met Neria through Anjali. Arpana is going to meet Neria for the first time. 

Arpana's POV 

Me and Arjun reached Goa early in the morning, Deepak and Neria came to the airport to pick us up. It was my very first time meeting her. I must say that she's a gorgeous young girl, just perfect for Deepak. We clicked instantly and had nonstop conversations till we reached the hotel where we were going to stay. Rest of Arjun's family and Neria's family were in rooms next to ours. Throughout the journey Arjun was low. I very well knew why. I’m on the edge too but I’m being strong for him.

"Arjun please don't be so gloomy. At least pretend to be happy in front of your brother. Don't let him down" I told him as I sat next him on the bed. "Arpana, I’m trying but it's hard. This place was Anjali's favourite holiday destination. We used to visit here frequently. The memories are rushing back like a wave. To top it all, it's her death anniversary on Deepak's wedding day. He and Neria knew it very well. I don't understand why they chose this date" Arjun told me, feeling very frustrated. 

"Arjun I know it is difficult but this is how life is. I am not telling you to forget the past but at least try to enjoy the moment" I suggested. 

He then looked at my face. "I'm sorry for constantly ruining your mood Arpana. I'll try my best to leave all aside" he said feeling guilty and I smiled comforting him. 

Soon I went and stood near the window. The view from our room was beautiful. Since Vihan's death I had not left Bengaluru and this new place was making me excited like a little kid. 

I then went to the washroom to freshen up. Once I got out of the washroom, Arjun went to get fresh. 

Author's POV 

"Shall we go down to eat something?" Arpana asked him as he came out of the washroom. "Sure" he replied. Arjun had dressed himself in a black pair of shorts and a casual t-shirt whereas Arpana was dressed in a white beach dress. His eyes then landed on Arpana. He had never seen Arpana in a dress. It was simple but she looked stunning. Without realising a small smile creeped up on his lips. Arpana stood there feeling confused. "Arjun are you okay?" she asked him "why are you smiling to yourself?" "Nah, nothing” he replied. Arpana observed Arjun's look, he was dressed differently today....

Surprisingly Arjun looped his hands with hers and this reminded her of Vihan. He had a habit of looping hands whenever they were out in public but she quickly closed the boxes of memory with Vihan. Surprisingly, Arjun's mother and father were sitting in the restaurant having their meal. Arjun greeted his father but like usual he ignored his mother. But Arpana knelt down and touched both her parents-in-law's feet as a sign of respect and greeted them. Arjun's father asked them to sit next to them but Arjun politely refused. He took Arpana to another seat at the corner to have their meal. 

Once they were finished Arjun and Arpana decided to visit the beach. As they were walking towards the beach, Arpana noticed an ice cream truck. "Arjun stop. I will quickly go and get ice cream for us" she said happily to which Arjun looked at her in confusion. "Why are you giving me that look, Arjun?” Arpana asked him. “We could have had ice cream in the restaurant with our meals” he asked. "Nah that's boring and no fun" she replied.

     So they walked to the ice cream truck "vanilla ice cream for me and you?" she asked Arjun, "hmm chocolate for me" he told the man who was serving them. Arpana raised her eyebrows, she didn't know he liked chocolate ice cream ..

Arjun and Arpana then both walked in silence whilst eating the ice cream in silence. "So, do you like ice creams then?" he asked Arpana "Who doesn't like Ice cream? Even you like it". 

"How do you know I like it?" he asked her, "If you didn't like it you wouldn't have bought one and you wouldn’t have said chocolate when I asked you. You wouldn’t have bought it" Arpana said as chuckling. Arjun felt embarrassed but he hid it well.  

Soon they reached the sea, "the water is so chilly" Arpana told Arjun as she stepped her foot into it, Arjun nodded as he watched what Arpana was doing in fascination. 

He observed Arpana.  

She was looking different to his eyes today.

Her tanned skin, her long hair everything seemed appealing to Arjun today...

Whilst playing in the water, she accidentally tripped on her long dress and fell down. Arjun got into a panic mode. He rushed up to Arpana and held her by waist and picked her up in bridal style. "Arjun put me down!! Put me down. I can walk" she requested but he did not listen. Her gaze then shifted to Arjun's face. It was impossible for her to ignore Arjun. She saw him and noticed him for the very first time from so close. His brown eyes, his sharp nose, freshly trimmed beard. His perfect jaw line and his lips all seemed attractive to Arpana today...

"What are you staring at?" he asked her just to tease her. "Nothing" she replied embarrassed. "Are you planning to stay like this?" he asked her again just to tease her. "NO drop me!!" she shouted, for a second she forgot in whose embrace she was.

He dropped her to the ground while laughing. She realised she said ‘drop’ me instead of ‘put me down’ so he dropped her. She huffed at him and was about to go to play with water but was stopped by Arjun "don't go into the sea anymore" he commanded her. "WHY, nothing happened? I just fell down" she questioned him. 

"I don't care you’re not going into the water anymore!!" he commanded once again "Arjun you can't decide what I do" she said, angrily.

"For now I can" he replied, starting to get a little angry. 

"You're so annoying" she muttered under her breath but Arjun heard it clearly, he just decided to ignore it. 

.......................

Hello everyone, here is the next chapter !!

What did you all think of Arpana and Arjun in this chapter? Are they progressing ?

Do you want more of Arpanas and Arjun's scenes in the future chapters ?

The Diya i mentioned in the last chapter has been changed to Neria. She is Deepak's fiance.

Thank you so much @kiki8775 for editing this chapter for me ❤❤