Chapter 12

Author’s POV.....

"Did you have a nice Diwali?" Arpana asked Arjun when they entered their house.

"It was okay but I'd prefer to have stayed here" Arjun replied "How about you?" He asked her.

Arpana frowned a little bit and replied "actually I'm celebrating Diwali after 7 years, so it was kind of great".

"Oh how come you didn't celebrate it for 7 years?" Arjun asked Arpana.

"I haven't celebrated it after my late husband’s death". The word 'late' gave a pain to Arpana's heart. "Hmm" Arjun replied and then said "I don't like celebrating these kinds of events after my wife passed away, she died in 2014, 7 years now" Arjun said and walked to his room.

. . . . . . . . .                                 .  . . . . . . . . . .

Arjun woke up rubbing his eyes, Arjun slowly got out of his bed when he saw the time. Even though he didn't have work or was doing not anything in particular, he likes to wake up early in the morning. Slowly Arjun looked outside. It was windy and looked about to rain. The brutal wind looked as if it was bullying the trees into giving up it’s autumn leaves.
Groaning a little, Arjun went to do his morning chores. After completing his morning chores, he went downstairs. As he entered the kitchen, he heard the sound of pans and pots. Guessing it was Arpana who was in there, he went inside. Arpana was so engrossed in cooking breakfast that she jumped seeing Arjun in the kitchen.

 "What's wrong with you?" Arpana asked, holding a hand above her chest. "What!? I didn't do anything" He replied. "Why are you acting creepy again?" Arpana asked referring to the incident that happened some days ago. "Oh! Arpana, I just woke up. When I came downstairs, I heard some sound from the kitchen and that's why I came in just to check" he replied. "Hmm" she replied and then asked him "tea or coffee for you?" "Coffee for me please. Actually you know what? I'll make it. Would you like to have tea or coffee?" he asked Arpana. Just when she was going to reply, they heard the doorbell ringing. "You go and open it, I'll make it" Arpana informed him.

Arjun then went and opened the door. "Good morning. I'm guessing you’re Arjun? A lady in a police uniform asked Arjun. "Yes I am" Arjun replied confused on why she is here. "I am Lakshmi Prasad. I have been assigned to find information regarding your late wife’s death and if we find proper evidence, we have got the warrant to arrest the culprit" police officer informed. That's when it clicked Arjun that how Anjali's parents had filed a case against him, he himself didn’t understand how he was feeling now.

"Come in please" Arjun told her, once they were settled. Lakshmi continued "So Arjun, Shall we start the investigation?" "Yes of course. This is a sensitive topic for me but I am happy to cooperate" Arjun replied.

"Okay, so Arjun is your new wife here now?" Lakshmi asked Arjun.

"Yes, Arpana is in the kitchen" Arjun replied. "Okay okay, I need to speak to her afterwards as well. Arjun, I'm here because of the complaint your ex father-in-law and brother in law gave us. Let's start from the beginning. How did you meet Anjali?" she asked Arjun.

"We met at a wedding and then fell in love. We dated for 2 years and then got married and lived together for 5 years before she died. Because Arpana's parents were against our marriage, we eloped the day before Anjali's marriage which was fixed with someone else" Arjun finished.