Chapter 25

Arpana did not know what to do, she stood at the entrance of the house in shock.

Can Arjun kill anyone? He loved Anjali ...

Arpana's thoughts were killing her. She wanted to go and cry but she had to remain strong. The best person who could help her in this situation was Deepak. Arpana then ran up to her room, picked up her mobile phone and dialled Deepak's number but he was not picking up his phone. She then dialled Neria. After a few rings, Neria finally answered the call.

"Hello Arpana"

"Neria, is Deepak there ?" Arpana asked Neria, tension clearly laced in her voice.

" No, he's gone to his office. Arpana you sound tense. What happened? Are you okay?" Neria asked Arpana nervously as Neria understood something was wrong from Arpana's tone.

Arpana then broke down on the phone and sobbed.

"Arpana, please don't cry. Tell me what's wrong" Neria asked her repeatedly but Arpana was not saying anything. Neria was starting to get restless now. "Arpana, I'm coming to your house now" Neria said and ended the call. Arpana dropped herself onto the ground and cried her heart out. What a terrible day today was!!

Suddenly the doorbell rang, Arpana looked up in confusion. Slowly she stood up from the ground and went to open the door. When she opened the door, she saw Neria looking very tense. "Arpana what happened? Why are you crying ?" Neria asked.

"The police just arrested Arjun," Arpana said as a lone tear escaped.

"What!?" Neria asked Arpana, widening her eyes in shock "but why?"

"For Anjali's murder. They said they have found solid evidence against Arjun. They are saying he killed Anjali due to her having an affair whilst being married" Arpana replied

Neria was shocked... this was definitely ringing some bells in Neria's head ....

"One second Arpana. Let me inform this news to Deepak and their father" Neria said and went across the room to call. Once she was done, she went back to the room and sat next to Arpana "Deepak asked you not to worry. He said he will do something immediately. Arpana the most important thing is what you believe? Do you think Arjun can do something like that?" Arpana froze for a second hearing Neria's question.

"No," Arpana replied instantly, "that's what I wanted to hear from you, Arpana. Arjun can never do something like that" Neria said and comforted Arpana.

"What proof might they have against Arjun?" Arpana asked curiously. "I don't know Arpana but don't worry about it. Deepak will do something" Neria replied.

In the police station

"Get out," a police officer shouted at Arjun. Hesitantly Arjun got out of the police car and looked at his hands which were chained up. Not once he thought he would be in a situation like this in life. The officer then dragged Arjun into the police station and locked Arjun in a cell next to Manoj's. Arjun slowly walked to the end of the cell and sat on the floor and palmed his face in disappointment and shock due to what was happening in his life now. Within a few seconds Lakshmi Prasad entered Arjun's cell "so Arjun stand up and come, sit on this chair" Lakshmi said pointing at the chair in-front of her. Arjun obeyed Lakshmi and sat opposite her.

"So, Mr Arjun, I am coming straight to the point. Did you kill Anjali due to her extra marital affair?"

"I DID NOT FUCKING KILL ANJALI!!! SHE DIED FROM AN ACCIDENT!" Arjun roared at Lakshmi in anger and frustration. Lakshmi's blood was boiling with the attitude Arjun was displaying. But she remained calm, she wanted the truth to be out at any cost. "Arjun, please don't shout at me. I am here so Anjali and her family can get justice. The fact that Anjali had an affair is true, so Arjun please admit that you killed her" Lakshmi said.