Chapter 2 - Is fate to be blamed again ?

You are the reason for everything!

My son died because of you!

I shouldn't have allowed a girl like you from a different caste and culture to marry my son!

You ruined my son's life.

I hate you.

Get lost.

I told Vihan to not marry you. Why did I let him marry you even after the horoscopes didn't match!!

Over the last 2 months, Arpana kept on listening to these words hearing from her mother-in-law and father-in-law's mouth.

Your child is the reason for my son's death.

Abort it!!

Even if her unborn child comes to this world, the baby would not have any peace. These people will blame the child.

Why should she live in this world without Vihan anyway?

Arpana's life has become blank and shattered. Every day she's hearing the same words from the people around her. Physically and mentally she is becoming weaker and weaker. She cried day and night, cursed her fate and asked herself if they are right that her husband is dead. Even her own parents are against her. There has not been a single day that her own parents haven't mentioned the word abortion.

Everything was becoming too overwhelming for Arpana. Sleep was miles away from her because whenever she closed her eyes, the memories of Vihan kept on flashing through her mind.

Arpana didn't know for whom she was living. Yes her baby was a reason to live but these people around her didn't look like they would allow Arpana to live peacefully. For the rest of her life, she would have to carry the baggage and blames of Vihan's death. Not just her but her baby too.

Vihan, our baby and I will come to you. That's the only way to escape from here.

Arpana had reached the most extreme stage of her life. She was fed up with everything. She wanted to end her life. She tried to do all sorts of things but Arpana was lacking the guts, she was too scared. Feeling very disappointed Arpana went back to her room, suddenly a sharp pain formed in her stomach. The pain was like being stabbed by a knife.

Due to the effect of the pain, Arpana collapsed on the ground. Arpana clutched tightly onto her stomach and began to cry, she wasn't able to bear the pain. Her legs were covered in blood as well. Hearing Arpana's sound her parents came rushing towards her. Understanding their daughter is in serious pain they rushed her to the hospital. By the time they reached the hospital, Arpana had lost her consciousness.

5 hours later

Arpana opened her eyes very slowly. When she opened her eyes she realised that the surroundings didn't look familiar. Slowly her sister helped her to sit up when she saw Arpana struggling to sit up.

"What happened?"

"Why am I here?"

Devi was clouded by so many questions from Arpana.

Arpana's parents or sister did not want to tell Arpana that she lost her baby so soon but the senior psychologist in the hospital suggested they inform Arpana as soon as possible. This news is going to be a shock whenever Arpana finds out about it so the earlier the better.

"Arpana, what we are going to tell you is going to be a big shock for you. You have every right to express your feelings when we inform you but please don't dwell upon it forever or doing anything daft." Arpana's father told his daughter to hold her hand.

"Pa, please tell me. Stop making me nervous" Arpana told her father, who was on the verge of tears.

"You lost your baby Arpana. Your body was extremely weak. It no longer was able to carry a baby" Arpana's father informed his daughter.

Arpana wasn't able to digest this news. Her final hope was her baby. '’Ahhhh!!" Arpana began screaming and crying. It took really long for them to calm Arpana down.

                      .........................

                      1 month later

                      ..........................

Arpana was slowly recovering now. After her regular sessions with the psychiatrist, Arpana had finally come to terms with the loss of her husband and child.

Her in-laws did come to visit her, only to blame her for the loss of her child. They blamed the child and her for Vihan’s death. Now they are here to blame Arpana for the loss of the baby. Arpana was fed up with this hypocrisy.

Arpana burst out at them and told them to get out. Arpana had enough of this toxicity. Even though she didn't know who or what she was living for, Arpana decided to go ahead in life and sink with it as it flows. She didn't want to hurt her parents anymore either. Therefore, she decided to find a job which keeps her occupied most of the day to avoid thinking of her baby and Vihan. 

..........

Here is the next chapter

Hope you all liked it

Please let me know your opinion of the story so far. Would mean a lot ❤❤