Chapter 5

Hello everyone, I want to let you all know that I have changed the names of the character Priya to Arpana and from Vijay to Vihan.

One reason I changed it was because in my previous story the main characters of the story had the same names I thought it would be nice to have different ones for this.

Hope you all dont mind !

I have changed the names on chapter 1, will change it soon on chapter 2-4.

Author's POV......

Arpana could hear guests murmuring about the bride swap and the judgemental talks on how it is her second marriage. Arpana was immune to this kind of talk. What bothered her the most was this sudden marriage. Arpana didn't even know this person who was sitting next to her.

Arpana's thoughts were interrupted when Arjun came closer with the nuptial chain, before she got the time to process what was happening, Arjun had already tied the nuptial chain and applied the vermillion on her forehead. A tear slowly rolled down her cheeks but before anyone could notice it, she wiped it away. Arpana was struggling to believe that she is no longer a widow but a married woman. That too, to a stranger.

. . . . . . . . . .

"Welcome home Arpana," Revathy said, holding a thali for the Griha Pravesh rituals. "Isn't all the rituals which you already made me do are enough. I've to do more?" Arjun asked his mother in a slightly annoying way. "Arjun please cooperate. I promise this is the final one" Revathy replied to her son. "Sorry" Arjun replied and walked past Arpana and the rest of the family members. Arpana felt very bad for Arjun's family. He was very rude. Even though Arpana does not know him that well, he seems nothing like her Vihan.
Vihan always spoke kindly to everyone, even with his parents who frustrated him to the core when they objected to their marriage.

Immediately Arpana heard someone's voice "sorry Vadina (sister in law), Arjun isn't doing this intentionally. It's because everything is a bit overwhelming for him right now" Deepak, Arjun's brother explained to Arpana. "This is all a bit overwhelming for me too Deepak. If possible, can these grihapravesh rituals be avoided?" Arpana requested them. "We're sorry Arpana. I can understand how much trouble this unexpected marriage is causing you. Arpana, Arjun is a very loving and caring person. If you two try to understand each other and give your marriage some time, I'm sure you'll be able to make it work" Ravinath lectured Arpana.

Even though Arpana wanted to deny this, she did not say anything. She remained quiet. Deep inside her heart, Arpana believed that this will never work out as she's still deeply in love with her Vihan.

"Arpana, this is Arjun's house. We would've loved to stay with you today but I don't think Arjun would be happy with it. So we are leaving now. Please inform Arjun. Our phone number is on the desk. If you need anything, don't shy away from calling us" Revathy told her Daughter-in-law. However, Arpana felt as if something wasn't right. Why are they leaving so abruptly? Why would Arjun mind? Why are they leaving me in this state? So many questions like that crossed through her mind.

After they had left, Arpana was having a constant battle with her mind. She had no clue what to do in this house. After debating a lot in her mind, Arpana decided to communicate with Arjun. After all, she has the right to know what is happening with her life and the plan. With a beating heart, she slowly walked to her so-called husband's room, which she eventually figured out and with the little courage, she knocked on the door. After knocking a few times, Arjun finally opened the door and rudely asked Arpana "what do you want?"

"Could you show me my room?" Arpana managed to ask him.

Arjun took a deep breath trying to control himself from bursting at her. "Come with me," Arjun said and then showed his "New Wife" a medium sized room. "Take this room" Arjun said and then turned around to leave. "Arjun, if you don't mind, may I talk to you?" Arpana asked him. "I do mind but go ahead" Arjun replied. 'Such a rude person' Arpana thought inside her head.

"This is my second marriage. As you know, My sister-in-law was supposed to marry you but I became the sudden bride. I wasn't mentally or physically prepared to marry you. Please don't expect me to be your wife. That isn't possible. I'm still in love with my first husband" she explained to Arjun. Arjun sighed but somehow felt a little relieved hearing those words "I wasn't ready for a second marriage as well. My parents forced me with their threats and manipulation. Like you said I'll never be your husband. I'd appreciate it if we have minimal communication between us. You will have the freedom to do whatever you like but in the same way, you must not invade my privacy. Lets just stay like roommates who doesn't speak to each other much" Arjun finished and walked away to his room but turned around to give Arpana a spare house key "this is a spare house key, I won't always be here as I'm an international pilot" Arjun said and left the area.

Arpana closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She then opened her eyes and entered her new room. It was a normal room with white walls with a cupboard, mirror, bed, nightstand and an ensuite bathroom. Arpana slowly placed her luggage onto the floor and looked at herself in the mirror. A tear rolled down her cheek... She couldn't believe what had happened today. Never in her life, she imagined something like this. Life is throwing so many things at her and she is struggling to deal with it all alone.

Normally wedding attire is something girls admire the most but she felt this saree and ornaments like baggage she wanted to remove as soon as possible. After taking it all of, Arpana had a cold shower and changed into a cotton suit. Arpana then unpacked her clothes and neatly placed it inside her cupboard. As she dug more into her suitcase, she found the wedding picture of her and Vihan's. She was thankful to Devi for putting her most valuable possession into her suitcase.

Arpana picked it up and stroked the picture, "sorry Vihan. I'm so sorry. I couldn't remain loyal to you! They all forced me into this!" she whispered and cried. Eventually, she curled up and fell asleep holding her wedding picture.

...........................

Firstly I am thanking KeerthanaRaj5 for editing my books. Keerthana has edited my book called 'the arranged marriage' fully for me (I havent uploaded all the chapters she has edited for me. But i will be doing it soon). On this book Keerthana has so far edited chapter 1 and chapter 5 (which is this chapter), she will soon be editing the other chapters and the future chapters as well as my other books too. Thank you so much Keerthana for editing my books and making it more error free !!! ❤❤❤

So how was this chapter ?

Hope you all enjoyed it !!

Arpana and Arjun has taken a very big step in their lives that too an unexpected one !!

Let's hope they will be able to cope with the changes very soon even if it takes time to adjust.

Any predictions on what may happen in the next chapter ?

Your valuable feedback would mean a lot to me !! Please do leave a comment if you liked this chapter as it will motivate me to continue writing ❤❤