Chapter 27

Arjun decided to speak to Manoj once again before leaving the police station because he wanted to clarify one more thing.

"Wait here Arpana. I will be back in a second" Arjun said and rushed to see Manoj. This time he did not bother to ask Lakshmi Prasad for permission.

When Arjun reached Manoj's cell, he was leaning on the bars as if he was in deep thoughts.

"Manoj!!!"

Manoj turned around hearing a familiar sound. He then looked at Arjun in a panicked state.

"I am going to ask you one last thing. Was it you who tried to kill Arpana in the accident that day?" Arjun asked him suspiciously. Manoj stood there in silence. Arjun waited for a few seconds but Manoj was not opening his mouth. "Open your mouth and answer me!!!" Arjun screamed at Manoj.

"No, it was not me who tried to cause that accident!! It was Arpana's father Indrajit!" Manoj blurted out putting Arjun in disbelief. "Don't you dare lie you bastard! And don't you dare open your filthy mouth to lie, especially to me!!" Arjun said after hitting hard on the walls in anger.

"I am not lying!! It was Arpana's father who tried to kill her. Arjun, look, I have nothing to lose now so what benefit will I get from lying? When Arpana joined as an assistant professor in the college I worked at, I felt nothing. But I was told by your father-in-law to act like a pervert, do whatever I want with her even gave permission for me to rape her and kill her. The personal revenge I had against you also contributed in the way I acted towards Arpana. But I can assure you that I am not behind that accident, it was Indrajit. I do not know the reason why Arpana's father wants her dead so please do not ask me that. However, one thing I can tell you is that Indrajit knows Vihan is alive. In fact, Vihan was the one who introduced me to Indrajit" Manoj said not even feeling the slightest bit of guilt.

Arjun did not say anything, in fact he walked away with the new found information back to where Arpana was standing.

Neither Arpana nor Arjun had the mental stability to drive so Deepak and Neria rushed out from the police station to take them home. "Arjun, you are not driving in this condition" Deepak said sternly and grabbed the keys from Arjun's hands. Arjun did not say anything. He stormed into the car. Neria helped Arpana get into the car and then Deepak drove them to Arjun's car. The car journey towards Arjun's House was awkward and so silent.

After dropping Arjun and Arpana, Neria and Deepak left as they wanted to leave the couple some space as they had to clarify and rectify many things.

Arjun again stormed into the house and straightway went upstairs. Meanwhile, Arpana slowly entered the house and sat on the couch, still trying to process everything that was happening around her.

Few seconds later, Arpana jumped in fear when she heard the sound of something breaking into a million pieces. When Arpana looked closely, it was Anjali's picture frame which Arjun had thrown from the stairs. After the picture, her clothes and her suitcase with the gifts and many other things Arjun and Anjali had exchanged during their anniversaries, birthdays etc were all being thrown.

Arpana did not fail to miss the lone tears that were escaping from Arjun's eyes whilst he was doing all this.

"Arjun STOP!!" Arpana screamed. His actions were only increasing her pain...

Arjun stopped for a second and looked at Arpana and then carried on what he was doing.

"Arjun, STOP I said '' Arpana again said but Arjun did not stop. "I cannot believe I loved someone who hated me and wished I died. My dignity, worth and value has all been lost because of Anjali!!"

Arjun screamed and continued breaking and smashing everything on the house now scaring the poor soul. Arjun's actions and words were making Arpana mentally frustrated and scared.