Chapter 36

Over the last few days, Arpana and Arjun have been visiting many religious and sacred places and have gone on safaris. They never had a honeymoon so this was a lot like it. And yesterday they came to the little village with hopes of meeting Arpana's father.

- - - - -

"Arpana, Arpana!!! I've located your dad's textiles shop!" Arjun announced as he entered the hotel room.

"Really?" Arpana screamed in joy.

"Yes!! It was a bit of hard work but with the help of numerous people, I found it. Actually he's got many businesses for example a jewellery business and a textiles business but he spends most of his time at the jewellery store.
"Ahh Arjun! Thank you" Arpana squealed happily as she hugged him.

"Arjun but how will we approach him?" Arpana asked nervously.
"Well from my findings, I understood that he wants to give the top floor of his house for rent. I think we need to utilize this opportunity and take up the top floor for rent. That'll be a golden opportunity for you to get closer to your dad" Arjun stated proud of his idea.

"Oh that sounds like a good idea. Arjun shall we go tomorrow morning?" Arpana asked.
"Of course we can," Arjun replied.

The next day Arjun and Arpana arrived at Ram Choudhary's house. It was a big house indeed, slowly Arjun and Arpana entered through the gates. Arpana's hands were getting clammy due to her nervousness but Arjun assured her that everything will be fine. She initially arrived in Udaipur to return her father his wealth because she felt she did not deserve it but slowly she realized that as well as returning his wealth she also craved for her father's love that she never got.
Hesitantly, Arjun rang the doorbell, after a few rings, a graceful middle aged lady opened the door who was wearing a bandhani saree. She looked at Arjun and Arpana strangely as she did not know who they were. "Hello" Arpana greeted that lady.

"H...e..llo. Who are you?" The lady asked, confused as she did not know who they were. "I'm Arpana and this is Arjun, my husband. Actually we came here because we heard that you were giving up the top floor of the house for rent."
"Oh yes we are! My name is Radhika. I will inform my husband about your needs. Please come in and take a seat" Radhika welcomed the couple.

Arpana started to feel nervous once again. Why wouldn't she? She was finally going to meet her father she never knew she had in a few seconds time... Arjun squeezed her hands to give her the assurance she needs at this time. Couple of seconds later a man, very tall with a beard came down the stairs, dominating the atmosphere with his power and authority.
A range of emotions crossed through Arpana's mind seeing her father. But she held it all together and remained calm and composed.

"Hello! I am Ram Choudhary" Ram greeted them.

"Hello, I'm Arjun and this is Arpana my wife" Arjun said as he shook hands with Ram.

"Sir, actually we came here because we heard you were giving the top part of your house for rent" Arjun said. Arpana did want to speak but her mouth was too dry for her to say anything. She just watched her father in awe.

"Yes yes, I am. How long do you want it for?" Ram asked Arjun.

"For around a month or so" Arjun said

"Oh that's absolutely fine with me" . Soon Ram asked Arjun and Arpana about their whereabouts and when he understood they were genuine, Ram agreed. "I don't have any conditions or anything, just keep the place clean. Are you happy with how much the rent is?" Ram asked.

"Yes of course, we are sir" Arjun replied

"Good. If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose to move from a city like Bangalore to a village in Udaipur? If it's for personal reasons just leave it" Ram said.