Chapter 37

Days moved on in a blur meaning Arpana was now three months pregnant. Her belly did start to show up a little but it was not evident that she was pregnant. And one thing to mention was that Arpana was going through all the early pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, extreme tiredness and mood swings. For example, if she was happy for one second, the next second she would be crying for simple things.
Yesterday night Arjun returned back from work and today Pooja was getting married.

Arpana still didn't reveal the news of her pregnancy to Arjun. She was keeping it as a surprise.... Arjun had doubts after noticing Arpana's morning sickness this morning and about her recent mood swings but ignored it. Arpana had requested the rest of the family members to not tell Arjun the news of her pregnancy.

For her sister's wedding today, Arpana was dressed beautifully in Ghaghra Choli representing a bit of her Rajasthani background. She was neatly plaiting her hair into a braid when Arjun came out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was still soaking wet and had water droplets all over his arms. Noticing Arjun's wet hair, Arpana approached Arjun with a frown, not exactly happy seeing his wet hair.

"Arjun, why can't you dry your hair properly?" Arpana scolded Arjun and picked up a towel herself and began drying his hair aggressively. "Ow! Arpana I can do this myself. Go and finish getting ready" Arjun said, pushing Arpana away gently. "Well you clearly can't. If you don't dry it and walk around with wet hair, you will most probably catch a cold" Arpana said with a lot of concern.

"Oh! Arpana you're being over protective and you're acting like an old lady. No where it says that you will catch a cold from going out whilst your hair is wet" Arjun scolded Arpana back. "You won't understand!!" Arpana exclaimed and carried on drying Arjun's hair for him using the towel. Unexpectedly Arjun grabbed Arpana's waist and pulled her closer to him. Arpana lightly hit Arjun's chest to make her jump and also knitted her eyebrows together. "You look beautiful in this attire!" Arjun said, making Arpana blush as his fingers slowly crawled onto her belly where their baby was.

Just when Arjun placed his lips onto Arpana's for a passionate kiss, Arpana got a vomiting tendency so she rushed to the washroom and vomited, Arjun panicked and went behind her. He rubbed her back as she threw up. Once they cleaned the mess, Arpana slowly walked back to the room. Deep inside her heart, she felt as if it was time for her to tell Arjun the news.

"Arpana, this is a bit concerning. Shall we see the doctor? Because you were sick just after we woke up in the morning as well" Arjun said concerned.

However, Arpana did not respond. She just smiled and then walked closer to Arjun, till there was no space left for Air to pass between them.

"What are you laughing at? This is not funny" Arjun said. Worry and his concern for Arpana were visible through Arjun's expressions.

Arpana gently placed her head onto Arjun's bare chest then placed her hands onto his stomach and wrapped it around his stomach tightly and with a shy smile she said
"I did not fall sick because I'm ill. In fact it is because I'm carrying a divine part of you in my womb..." Arpana said happily but equally nervous even though she knew Arjun's response was most likely to be positive.

"You mean you are...?" Arjun couldn't utter any word further.

Arpana nodded vigorously and then said "Yes, I'm three months pregnant Arjun..."
Instantly Arjun looked down on Arpana's stomach and rubbed her stomach lightly. This was one of the best news Arjun has heard in recent times...
Immediately, Arjun kissed Arpana on the forehead and picked her up and twirled her lightly just like in the movies!

"Are you happy?" Arpana asked Arjun when he finally put her down onto the ground. "Of course I am. You're not just carrying a child but the symbol of our love" Arjun said cupping her face. Arjun then pulled Arpana to his chest, burying his face onto Arpana's neck holding Arpana tightly in his arms.