Chapter 28

At Deepak's House....

Deepak was getting ready for work when he heard the doorbell ringing. "Neria, could you please answer it?" Deepak shouted from his bedroom. "No, I'm busy in the kitchen. You go and answer it" Neria shouted back at him. Letting out a deep sigh, Deepak adjusted his shirt and went to open the main door.

Deepak widened his eyes seeing his friend Nikhil Dev at the entrance along with his wife Sakshi (Vihan's sister).

"Hello my friend" Deepak said and hugged Nikhil and Sakshi. "When did you come from Delhi?" Deepak asked them in surprise. "Two weeks ago Deepak," Sakshi replied with a smile. "How come you didn't tell me? After you two got married, you forgot the person who helped you to run away? This is so bad Nikhil. I should have made Sakshi as my sister-in-law!!" Deepak said and chuckled.

"Well sorry to burst your bubble. Sakshi is mine and mine only and even your brother didn't want to marry her as she is Like a little sister to him and remember that the master brain behind getting Arjun and Arpana married was mine" Nikhil replied knitting his eyebrows together.

"Oh come on. I'm just kidding. Come in you both" Deepak said and invited both Sakshi and Nikhil into the house. "Heyy!!" Neria shouted when she saw who the guests were. "I'm Still in angry that you both didn't come to our wedding!!" Neria complained as soon as she saw and while hugging them. "Well you knew the situation better than us. Didn't you Neria ? Never could I face Arpana in my life. Arpana was more like a sister to me than a sister in law. The pain and agony I must've caused to her when I eloped must have been unbearable for her. I wasn't or is still not ready to face her" Sakshi said as she sobbed.

"Hey, I was joking about Sakshi and don't worry about Arpana. She will thank you for bringing Arjun in her life. Not now but very soon. She got to know about your brother also". Neria comforted Sakshi. Sakshi stiffened when she heard about her brother. Even she got to know about Vihan's scheme after she got married to Nikhil only. This caused a little discomfort to everyone as it was a sensitive subject to Sakshi. He treated her like a princess but he was ready to ruin her life for his dirty games.

Neria changed the subject to lighten up the mood while talking about their life in Delhi. Soon after checking on each other's wellbeing and after various different discussions, Nikhil said "so let me come to the matter. Me and Sakshi came to Bangalore because I have been transferred here for a special investigation".

"What investigation?" Neria asked Nikhil curiously.

"The case was originally Anjali's murder but Deepak has concluded that part. I am here for the next stage. So basically my superior officer Mr Joshi assigned me the duty to find out who Arpana actually is and who was behind that accident that day and where Vihan is. As for Mr Joshi, he believes it links very well with Anjali's case. So Deepak I believe we are lucky. It's all going in the direction we wanted it to and also I kind of requested to be a part in this case" Nikhil replied.

"Great! An investigation regarding that will eventually bring out the truth and the clarity in everything. Once that is out, Arjun and vadina can start fresh. Nikhil, I have a gut feeling it was either Vihan or Indrajit behind Arpana's accident". Deepak said his opinion.

"Yeah, I think that. Manoj could be added into our list as well right?" Sakshi asked.

"Manoj could have done it but I don't think he was behind it. He accepted every crime he has committed so he would have accepted this too so let's see" Deepak said his opinion.

"Hmm. Hopefully at the end of the investigation, we will get the answer" Nikhil replied.

"By the way, until this news gets sorted out, don't mention it to anyone that Sakshi and I'm married. I don't want her to be in any danger" Nikhil said and everyone accepted his wish.