Chapter 22

Author’s POV.....

After the Christian wedding, Arpana felt very low. She did not speak to Arjun much after that. She remained quiet.

For the South Indian style wedding, Arpana draped herself into a traditional green silk saree. Neria was looking gorgeous in her South wedding attire. It suited her very well. As the rituals were taking place Arpana felt lost. The South Indian rituals were reminding her of her marriage with Vihan and Arjun. She married Vihan because of love she had for him but the case with Arjun was different. It was an accidental marriage.

Arjun came into her life at the least expected time.

She did not know what to describe her relationship with him but when he was around her, she felt protected...

Ever since he described her as his home in the hospital, new feelings have formed in her heart.

She was getting butterflies every time he complimented her...

But Arpana was struggling to accept the new emotions and feelings... After Vihan's death her heart became numb...
She doesn't know if she can make space for a new person in it... and guilt was stopping her from moving on.

All these thoughts were flooding Arpana's mind. She felt like crying. Only a good cry will help her to get rid of this heavy feeling.

As soon as the South Indian rituals were over i.e, when Deepak and Neria were married, she made an excuse that she had a headache and left the venue.

Few hours later

Arjun opened the door to their room with his spare key card. Arjun turned the lights on as the room was pitch black. As soon as the lights turned on, Arjun noticed Arpana standing by the window. It seemed as if she had not noticed Arjun’s arrival yet.

What is she doing?

"Arpana" he called her name, placing his hands slowly on her shoulders. Arpana flinched due to the sudden touch. Quickly Arpana wiped her tears away and turned around to face Arjun.
Arjun's heart started beating faster as he noticed Arpana's tear filled eyes.

Arjun stared deeply into Arpana's eyes...

"Why were you crying Arpana?" Arjun asked her, his rough hands slowly creep up to Arpana's face. He then wiped away the remaining tears and cupped her face.

"Why were you crying Arpana?" he repeated more firmly this time.

"I don't know" she said quietly.

"Arpana?" he didn’t know what to say.

"My late husband Vihan too died on this day. I was controlling myself all day but Deepak's wedding triggered my past. Especially when they exchanged their vows” She said as she sobbed.

What? Anjali and Vihan died the on same day? Is it a coincidence or? Arjun questioned himself but was distracted when Arpana unexpectedly placed her head on his chest and cried her heart out soaking Arjun's shirt. Arjun gently caressed Arpana's hair, allowing her to release all her emotions she was holding to herself. Seeing her cry like this was breaking him from inside...

"Arpana please.... I know how much it hurts when you care so much about someone and get so attached to them and one day they just leave forever like nothing happened...... but I guess everything happens for a reason.  Arpana, it was written somewhere for all this to happen and for us to meet" Arjun couldn’t believe what he was saying himself.   

"We fell in love at a very young age. After facing so many obstacles from both our families, we both finally got married only for him to leave me and our child just as we were starting our life. Few months later, our child left me too leaving me alone in this world" Arpana sobbed placing her palms on his chest. He was standing there still trying to be a good listener but some thoughts disturbed him.