Chapter 15

Hello everyone, I'm back with a new chapter ! Please do give me some feedback after reading if you liked the chapter....

Arpana's POV

After taking a warm shower, I dressed into my night wear. Slowly, I got into the bed reflecting on today's events. The care and affection Arjun showed today was very nice. Deep inside me, I wished this affection and care would become long term....

I know it's not my place to know about Arjun's personal life but I was curious to know what happened between Arjun and his mother.

Suddenly I got a notification on my phone. When I checked it, I saw messages from a private number. It was obviously Mr Manoj. He was determined to make my life a hell.
In anger, I switched off my phone and walked to the terrace to get some fresh air. Surprisingly Arjun also stood at the terrace looking at the sky. I coughed a little bit, getting Arjun's attention.

"Did you not sleep?" Arjun asked me.

"No, not feeling sleepy. What about you?"

"Same. Couldn't sleep" he replied, still looking at the sky.

"I'm sorry for being a bit angry and rude in the car earlier. Talking or thinking of my mother makes my blood boil" he said.

"It’s fine. Actually I felt something was wrong between you two on our wedding day but back then I thought it was because of her forcing you into this marriage. But I understood there is something else as well on Diwali. Arjun, if you don’t mind, may I know what happened between you too?" I asked him.

"Actually Arpana, I am not in the right frame of mind to talk to you about it now. Probably in the future but not now" Arjun told me to which I nodded. After that we both stood on the terrace watching the stars in silence.

I then turned around to go back to my room because the atmosphere was becoming very awkward.

I was tossing and turning in my bed struggling to sleep and I heard someone knocking on my bedroom door. I tied my loose hair into a messy bun and went to open it. Arjun stood in front of my bedroom making me a little surprised because he never came to my room before. "Umm... would you like to watch a movie?" He asked me hesitantly...

As I wasn't sleepy either I nodded with a smile. "There is a TV in my room. If you are comfortable, we can watch it there. If not let's go downstairs" Arjun suggested.

I thought about it for a second. I trusted Arjun but some memories of that terrible incident where he tried to rape me pulled me back. Some memories cannot be erased that quickly even if you have forgiven that person. But then I thought about it, if he wanted to hurt me he could’ve done it by now as we are living under the same roof.

Arjun's face fell, seeing me taking too long to decide. To not hurt his feelings, I decided to go to his room.  Soon when we reached his room, Arjun turned the TV on whilst I seated myself on the far end of the bed. We both decided to watch a comedy film. Arjun sat on the other end of the king size bed, maintaining as much distance as possible between us.

Half way through the movie, I heard the sound of Arjun snoring. He had one hand over his head and his mouth was opened a little bit. This sight made me chuckle. I then took a picture of it just for fun. As cheesy as it sounds, he looked cute whilst sleeping but guilt swept over my mind thinking of Vihan. Did I start enjoying my life without him?