Chapter 47

Author's POV....

Recently, Arpana began her new venture, a restaurant. The restaurant is currently running smoothly with the help of wonderful staff. Not just that, Arjun and Arpana also moved into a bigger house as the memories in the previous house were disturbing for both of them. For the peace of their minds they moved.

After dropping Bhanumathi at Nikhil's flat, he arrived at Arpana's restaurant for lunch. He did invite Bhanu but she did not want to come therefore, Nikhil came alone. He was a regular customer at the restaurant.

Nikhil was quite disturbed today as he just got divorced even though Nikhil and Sakshi have been living separately for over a year and half now. More than anyone, Nikhil wanted a closure to the relationship but when it actually happened, Nikhil felt as if a part of him left forever.
Nikhil thought Arpana's restaurant was the best place to get some peace, especially due to the presence of some people....

Just when Nikhil took a seat, Shradda who has been working here since the start approached Nikhil to take orders. Shradda was Devi's friend and just like Devi, Shradda too was a bubbly girl with short hair and a dusky complexion.

"Ghee rice and vegetable curry?" Shradda asked Nikhil directly, as it is something Nikhil orders all the time.

"Yes," Nikhil replied, absentmindedly.

After bringing Nikhil his meal, Shradda looked at Nikhil intently, making him uncomfortable. "Shradda, Is there something wrong on my face?" Nikhil asked uncomfortably.

"Are you okay, Sir? You look as if you just cried" Shradda asked Nikhil.

"I'm fine" he replied bluntly

"No sir, you aren't fine" Shradda responded.

Suddenly due to his frustration, Nikhil slammed his fists on the table and stood up "Who are you to just predict that I'm not fine? Mind your own bloody business" Nikhil warned her and left the Hotel. Nikhil is normally a calm person but today is just not the day to mess with him.
Shradda was taken back due to Nikhil's sudden outburst. If it was someone else, she wouldn't have interfered in their business. However, even if she wanted to, she couldn't stop herself from interfering in Nikhil's business. Shradda does not know much about Nikhil nor his background but the only thing she knows is that she likes him.

Shradda took a deep breath and then cleared Nikhil's table. She did feel sad and worried thinking whether Nikhil will stop coming here due to her interference.

.................

"Diya stop! Stop making grandma run after you like this" Radhika told her very naughty granddaughter. Radhika was trying to feed Diya for the last hour or so but Diya was just playing around to avoid eating.
Eventually Radhika caught up with Diya and picked up her little munchkin in her arms. "If you don't want to be scolded by mom then finish eating your food" Radhika advised.

"I don't like it!" Diya winged

"At least have some milk, my child." Radhika said, placing Diya onto the kitchen counter.

"No, I want chocolate!" Diya replied as she picked up an orange and started playing with it.

"You know your Mom has banned you from it. Without her permission your poor grandma can't give you any" Radhika ma said whilst caressing her granddaughter's hair.

"Eyy is my baby orange playing with the fruit orange?" Arjun asked with a laugh. For some reason Diya hates being called orange and Arjun only calls her that just to tease her. Imagine what would have happened if they had actually named her orange.

"Papa, stop it! I'll tell mama" Diya winged on the verge of tears. Diya was a sensitive child. Maybe the trauma she experienced in her early months moulded her into a sensitive person.