Chapter 14

Author’s POV........

Arpana was awake early as she had to go to work. After the morning chores, Arpana went downstairs to see a handsome man cooking in the kitchen. He was frying something in the pan looking engrossed in whatever he was doing.

Arpana inched a tiny bit closer to Arjun and peeked over his shoulders to see what he was cooking only to get his attention.

"Good morning" he greeted Arpana.

"Good Morning. What are you cooking?" Arpana asked curiously.

"Some English breakfast," he replied.

"Oh that's cool. Is there anything that I can help you with?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"No, it’s almost done. If you want to, maybe, could set the table" Arjun suggested to which she nodded.

Arjun then carried on with what he was doing. Meanwhile, Arpana organised the table. Soon they both sat together to have breakfast. An uncomfortable silence filled the room. Every now and then, they both glanced at each other.

To break the silence Arpana decided to apologise "I'm sorry". Arjun looked at her with confusion.

"For creating a nuisance yesterday" Arpana added while lowering her gaze.

"I don't think you did anything wrong. You got triggered by something and expressed some emotions. And that's absolutely fine" Arjun comforted her.

"Thank you for what you did yesterday, it meant a lot to me." She said, making Arjun look up as he did not understand what Arpana was exactly on about.

"I didn't do much yesterday," he replied.

"It might not be a lot for you but for me it was" Arpana said.

I felt a sense of protection in your embrace. Nobody has ever made me feel like this, so protected other than you Arjun... She wanted to say it aloud but decided against it.

"Oh I'm running late. Let me quickly change and get ready. I have work today" Arpana said and rushed upstairs to get changed. She changed into a formal kurta and left her hair loose as she didn’t have time to tie it. When Arjun finished washing the dishes and came out of the kitchen, he saw Arpana organising some books and files on the table. She looked different in Arjun's eyes today... She looked beautiful in her attire and loose hair...

"How do you go?" Arjun asked Arpana peeking at her books.

"I normally catch a bus" she replied.

"Oh, I will drop you today. One sec" he said and rushed upstairs to get changed, not giving Arpana a chance to object.

Arjun came downstairs wearing a white shirt and black trousers. Arpana was struggling to take her eyes off of his toned body. "Shall we leave?" he asked to which she nodded.

They both then got inside the car. Sometime after Arjun started driving, he said "I will be leaving tomorrow evening".

"Oh! I thought you were here for 15 days. Why are you leaving early?" Arpana asked, she didn't want Arjun to leave for some unknown reason.