Slowly Sakshi inched closer to Nikhil with tears ready to roll down any second.

"One of the saddest things is when two people get to know each other, their secrets, their fears, favourite things, what they love/hate and just everything. It's like you have to walk past them and pretend like you never knew them, never ever talked to them before when really, you know everything about them....

From now on we will be like that too right?

It's sad

But life is like that sometimes, right?" Sakshi asked Nikhil, wiping away the tears that finally rolled down.

It wasn't easy for Nikhil either but he knew that divorce was the only option for them. They would never be compatible again or be able to live the way they used to, especially after Nikhil being the reason for Vihan's death, so divorce was the only wise option. It's not like Nikhil didn't fight for their love and marriage but it was becoming impossible day by day to face her. Sakshi didn't forgive him for killing her brother but she didn't stop loving him either. Also, Damini made it impossible for them to forget the incident and move on. So it was considered a best option and applied for separation and 6 months later, they are torn between love and life.

After a brief pause, Nikhil said "even if we can't be together at the end, I'm glad that you were a part of my life Sakshi. I'm wishing you all the best in life, may you get everything you wish for and be successful." Nikhil said and drove off with so much pain. Sakshi watched Nikhil driving, helplessly.

It was during Sakshi's college days they met. After a couple of months they became inseparable. When Sakshi's marriage was fixed with Arjun, both Sakshi and Nikhil went through so much agony which is why they eloped on her wedding day and here they are today, divorced.

A dead son and a divorced daughter just made Damini's life much harder.
Not just that, now they were given the responsibility of Shreya as well (Vihan's and Anjali's daughter).

On the way from the court, Nikhil picked Bhanumathi from the airport. As Bhanu and her husband were going through some problems! On the way from the airport to Nikhil's flat, Bhanu gave no peace to Nikhil because of his divorce.

"Arpana's influence on you is ridiculous. She made you kill people! Divorce your wife! It's terrible" Bhanu complained.

"Amma please stop the nonsense! I've been hearing this like a mantra for the last two years. Give me some peace" Nikhil requested.

"Every day, I pray to God that she never finds peace in her life! That much she has hurt me!" Bhanu said out of anger. Slowly, Nikhil halted the car to a stop!

"Why did you stop the car?" Bhanu asked.

"Amma! I don't understand what you mean when you're saying Arpana has hurt you! In what way did she hurt you?

She didn't ask you to have an affair with her father. She didn't ask you to give birth to her! In fact, it was you who hurt her the most. You gave her away when she was young and finally when she came to see you, you showed no humanity or compassion. At a time when she needed you the most, you showed no mercy! Do take some time out and reflect on your actions. If it was not me then who would have helped Arpana in the most critical stage in her life? I'm not ashamed of killing 2 criminals. You should be ashamed to think that it was okay for 3 innocent souls to die rather than those criminals. Who knows how many people they would have hurt if they were alive?" Nikhil shouted at her.

Bhanu didn't say anything. She remained silent because no matter what Bhanu says she knows that she's the one who's wrong.

...............................

I was so overwhelmed reading all the comments in the last chapter !
Thank you everyone :)

So here comes a short chapter. I thought what I wrote was enough for this chapter which is why I left it where I did.
Hope you all liked it:)

And just like many of you guessed it was Nikhil who shot Vihan and Manoj. Finally Arjun and Arpana are at peace !

Looks like Nikhil has divorced Sakshi. What did you think of their conversation after the divorce ?

So Bhanu has arrived. She's blaming everything on Arpana but thankfully Nikhil managed to shut her mouth.

Who wants to see a reconciliation between Arpana and Bhanu before the story comes to an end ? Or should I leave as it is now.

Should Nikhil find love again ?

In the next chapter I'll give an update of what Arjun and Arpana are doing after the two years. Any guesses tho ?