Chapter 56: I'm so hungry I could eat BAKUGOU'S FAT ASS-

"MOTHERFUCKER-!" I screech as I leap back from the wave of flames.

"A LITTLE WARNING NEXT TIME???" I chide as I glare at a panting Shoto.

"Sorry," he replies as he bangs on the metal drum again, a screen of ice now smothering the flames.

We were all in the middle of some rather vigorous quirk training, though with Icyhot's training involving him bathing in a metal tub to protect him from his quirk it sure looked rather ridiculous. As for me, I was tasked with learning to control large amounts of energy at once, the most readily available thus being heat energy from Shoto's fire. I needed to either find a way around absorbing all of the energy or simply suck it up and get used to handling it.

Tomorrow I'd graduate to dealing with Katsuki which, judging from the absolute war cry of a yell he was letting out accompanied by the gargantuan fireball released into the sky every so often, I was NOT looking forward to.

"Ready," Shoto warned, then man of few words now even more to the point as he was beyond exhausted.

I wiped the soot from my hands on my shirt and nodded.

'absorb and release simultaneously, cmon...'

I grit my teeth, holding out my open hands as the roaring blaze approached me in warp speed.

I feel the heat approach then...

-

nothing.

-

-
I open my eyes and feel a split second of joy as I see the fire had been put out.

-

-

Then a searing heat burns through my veins.

Emminating from my hands and spreading down my body.

"-GH FUCK-" I stumble back, falling to a knee as the heat surges through my system.

"-yo-!"

I can hardly hear him as boiling blood rushes to my ears.

'Get out-'

-

-

-

-

'Get out get out get out get out!!!!'

I gasp, a gutteral but silent scream leaving my lips as a cold engulfs my body from the inside out.

I'm left gasping for air and nearly collapse fully to the floor.

"Ryo-!"

I look up and spy Shoto now next to me, the metal drum now overturned, its contents on the floor, seeping into the grass.

"...yea, I'm- fine..." I pause before slowly getting to my feet.

I was confused.

Not cause I was feeling weak or hurt but...

Cause I felt fine.

Like entirely fine.

As if that searing pain had never happened.

"You should rest," Shoto mumbles in a worried tone.

I put my hand up as I steady myself. "It's okay, strangely enough I feel fine..." I mutter, still a little dumbfounded as I glance down at my hands. There wasn't so much as a mark as to where the fire had been absorbed.

"Knocking down the drum was a bit dramatic though, wasn't it?" I chuckle as Todoroki gives me a puzzled look.

"...you knocked it over," He states very matter of factly.

-

-

-

"What?"
__________

"Damn, and you couldn't replicate it all day?" Kirishima enquired curiously as he finished off peeling the carrot in his hands.

"Yeah, tried probably a hundred more times but no dice..." I sighed, making quick work of the pile of potatoes I was given. "Really messed up my hands too," I sighed, looking down at all the raw red skin that would definitely scar over.

"Well I think callouses are pretty manly! Shows growth," Kirishima grinned as I realised again just why he was the most precious guy in class.

"Still, *sniff* a shockwave that *sniff* knocked over a drum full of water...?" Denki sniffled through tears. "That's gotta be some power..." He wiped his dribbling snot on the sleeve of his shirt before slicing back into the fresh onion on his chopping board.

"Yeah, if I could ever get it to work..." I sighed, shoveling the cubed potato chunks into a small bucket.

"SHUT THE HELL UP AND DO YOUR JOBS YOU FUCKERS!!" The burnt sugar smelling boy yelled from the next station over as he diced up the carrots in a flash.

"Damn who knew Bakugou would be good at cooking!" Ochako chimed in rather surprised.

"ANYONE COULD DO THIS!" he shouted, almost as though he were flustered at the compliment.

"Damn Katsuki, I should really wife you up," I gave him a wink as I moved to lug the bucket of ingredients over to the stove. I wince the second the bottom of the pail leaves the ground as the plastic handle digs into my palm. I steady myself before I bump into something soft.

"Give me that shit, idiot," a familiar voice grumbles beside my ear as the weight is lifted from my hands.

I watched a little stunned as he walks a few paces before me.

Then, my usual brain kicks in.

"Daaamn mamacitaaa, I hate it when you leave but I looove to see you go~" I chirp as I skip to catch up with the blonde.

As he tells me to "shut the fuck up", we walk up on Shoto setting the fires for the stoves.

"Hey hottie, how's it going?" I grin as I attempt, and fail yet again, at using Katsuki as an elbow rest as he pushes past me,  plopping the bucket onto a wooden bench with the rest of the ingredients.

Icy hot glances up and gives a slight smile before he stands up from where he had been squatting earlier.

I noticed this a while back but it seemed really apparent now.

Shoto never smiled with his mouth, half the time it barely even twitched upwards. He did what you could call an eye-smile, something I never thought could be attractive until I met the boy.

Aaaand Katsuki just never smiled...

-

-

-

Not without looking like a serial killer anyways. (Maybe cause Bakugou and Zack, from Angels of Death, have the same VA?)

But I digress.

-

-

-

"HEY BAKUGOU, IF I GET TOO HUNGRY CAN I EAT YOUR CAKE OF AN ASS-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP BUMPKIN BASTARD!!!!"